Pista wheels on a Speciale/458? | FerrariChat

Pista wheels on a Speciale/458?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Euroryno, Mar 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    While I like the Speciale wheels, I feel there’s a very good chance I’ll ‘LOVE’ the Pista wheels! Has anyone else been pondering this? Could it be done? Probably thinking more the standard wheel in a Speciale Grey colour than the CF wheel but they could be enticing once I see them in the flesh.

(Would still keep my Speciale wheels in the garage of course)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The Pista's wheels seem to be the same size as the GTB's (no increase, unlike between 458 and Speciale - so the sizes are identical to those of the Speciale), but the offsets may be different.

3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The tracks (front and rear) are exactly the same for the Pista and the GTB, since the dimensions (wheels and tyres) are also exactly the same I'd guess the Pista wheels also have the same offsets as the 488 GTB (which are different from the Speciale IIRC).

4. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thank you for your reply

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #5 Shadowfax, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Just no. Be happy with what your Speciale is - no need for the "keep up". Speciale is Speciale - Pista is Pista.

6. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Wow, you really like those Pista wheels? This is actually the only thing I dislike about this car.

Napoli likes this.
  7. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Don’t get me wrong. You won’t find a bigger advocate for the Speciale than me. I sold my house,moved three suburbs to buy the car!

Brand new Pista in my preferred spec or my 6000km Speciale and I’ll take my car everyday. I’ve just always been a fan of 10 spoke wheels on almost any car (yes I know Speciale has 10 spokes but to my eye it’s really 5). I’d have them painted Speciale grey and most definitely keep the OEM wheels to change them out every few years for a ‘new look’ every so often.

Beauty is in the eye and all that...

8. Netpark

Netpark Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2012
    I have an extra set of Pista wheels that I’d like put on my Speciale. Does anyone know how that would be possible? Would I need to add spacers?
    Thanks in advance.

9. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Well, if you have them already, why don\t you just try to mount them and see what happens?

10. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Offsets are different.

my view is if you want 10 spoke then get a nice aftermarket one from a brand like HRE. Get an OEM+ kind of look.

11. Netpark

Netpark Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2012
    If offsets are different, can I add spacers to compensate?

12. Netpark

Netpark Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2012