488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 72 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Seems similar to his feelings on the SPF90

2. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Harris was Luke warm at best on the SF90.

I am not sure what the other reporter said about the SF90.

May the Horse be with you

3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The in dealer configuator is on a big screen and much easier to see the options.

4. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    #1779 Napoli, Oct 10, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    The reviewer spends not even five minutes in the car (drifting much of the time) - at least in the vid. Shouts that it "has enough lateral grip to rip your face off," "is terrific, but not that terrific," "is just amazing, really, - it really is (with chuckles)," " it's got buckets of grip, "and then concludes it "is a good car, not great a great car."

This review from Pistonheads offers more commentary:

Boomhauer likes this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1780 Shadowfax, Oct 10, 2020
    Yes I read his review on top gear and although largely favorable, reading between the lines there is question to whether the additional power is producing a more engaging drive than the previous 675 version. Either way I'm sure it will prove an incredibly exciting machine and no doubt will produce a lot of adrenaline. For me a great car is one where you can use full power for long enough between shifts - along with the rpm limits. This is where the gt3rs with the 9000 rpms and 530hp is all one really needs. I backed to back my Pista the other day - one down and the other back up - with the 3rs, and as good as Pista is the 3rs is just so much more engaging in the mountain twisties. Incredible machine. It is just sublime. What - a - car.!It is a tough act to beat, as is the 2rs. It is just completely ridiculous. The connection and engagement is just so hardwired when you are on it. I think once you get over 700hp - actually lets make it 530 - it can become counterproductive on tight mountain roads if the package isn't super well sorted. Eitherway i'm still looking forward to the 765 and am sure it will be mind blowing.

6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I would not be overly concerned of what the reviewers opine. There is little doubt that the 765 will be a massively capable, engaging and thrilling machine. However it might not be the car for those who favor the driving dynamics, refinement and personality of the 720S. While they both share similar DNA, the 765 is the party animal who lives spontaneously in the moment while the 720S is the Wall Street banker who is highly revered, sensible and very accomplished.

Gh21631 and Thecadster like this.
  7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Why do you guys pay so much attention to reviewers who most of them couldn’t even afford the cars they review. Remember all the crap about the Pista when it first came out? Just ignore and drive and enjoy. Ofcourse the 765 will be an amazing car

epah, tekaefixe, Gh21631 and 4 others like this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Here’s the follow up to Chris driving the 90.
    This video is so very informative imo. Just their opinions but very helpful since we know their preferences.

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    FOK ( completion ) of my 765 is set for end Feb. Should arrive in April. Perfect timing. I opted for the P1 seats. I liked the Sennas but the side bolsters protrude very far which I find uncomfortable. Still prefer the racing seats in the F8.

11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’m on the same exact schedule as you. My build was confirmed today. Alaska Diamond Metallic with blue calipers.

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I just think its great that all of these people here are now buying McLaren's. I think this one is going to be off the screws.

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Unreal right? Maybe now people can appreciate what you, me and a few others have been talking about the last few years. I think it’s great!

14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #1789 Coincid, Oct 10, 2020
    I am brand impartial. The car that excites me is the one I want.I really wanted to love the 720s but it was too refined and civilized and the result was respecting its capabilities but not sufficiently compelling. Still very enamoured with the F8 but the 765 has all the ingredients to comport with my preferences and priorities. Very excited about it.

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    But you’ve never driven a 765. How do you know it has all the ingredients you need/want?

16. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    You know me....think I’m not gonna love it. But willing to try.

Boomhauer, Ash Patel and SoCal to az like this.
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Did you lose anything on the Pista or get out whole? Tax?

18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Whole. I was afraid I would despise it, hence the lease which saved the tax. Actually it sold for over and my dealer sold for even more.
    The new Perf cant come soon enough.
    Off topic, the new Mclaren 5 series replacement announced yesterday. V6 hybrid. Going to be very fast and with the 3k lb weight I really wonder what it does relative to the SPF90.

Thecadster likes this.
  19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ok lease makes sense for a quick flip so you don’t lose out on tax. 5 serried is intriguing- it will all depend on weight- what can they do with it. And to top it off- the 720 replacement will also be a hybrid. That I think will destroy the sf90. 5 series replacement will be current 720 power I belive. I’m most intrigued by the little brother. I think that has potential to be fun and light”er”. Sf90 I like but it’s heavy.

Thecadster likes this.
  20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I do not know for sure since I have not driven it. But based upon the past LT models which elevated not only performance capabilities but driver engagement over the 650S and 570S bodes well for at a minimum, a similar heightening of driver dynamics and exhilaration compared to the 720S. Engine sound volume enhancement, firmer suspension, more direct, tactile steering feedback, less weight, more effective aero, transmission mapping changes, and the fact that it was designed to be more track focused, all combine to potentially fulfill my preference in a super car. Only experience behind the wheel will confirm my expectations or not.

Thecadster likes this.
  21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I hope it meets your expectations but if you value less weight, more effective aero, track focused, don’t you think you would have enjoyed the Pista over the F8? I love the f8 but the f8 is to the Pista as what the 720 theoretically will be to the 765.

22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Sort of. From what I’m told, and I’ve never driven the 765, but I have the other 3 cars, the 765 is pretty wild via a standard 720S. The F8 felt more insulated and comfortable vs the Pista but similarly rapid and connected.

Napoli likes this.
  23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My preference would have been the Pista over the F8, but in Canada the price differential is $300K. Cannot justify that delta. The 765 has all the ingredients to be potentially more capable while simultaneously being unfiltered and immersive than the Pista. Time will tell.

24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Another bit of 765 info. I chose the standard bucket seats for my car. I sat in the touring buckets and senna seats back to back. I found the touring seats supportive and slightly tight, yet comfortable. The senna seats were too tight On my upper body and caused my shoulders to round forward. They were also a PITA to get in and out of.

25. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    I thought that all new cars in Canada had to be sold for at most MSRP. That's why we don't see dealer markups here.