488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 73 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    There is no law in Canada that cars have to be sold at MSRP. Pistas were being sold and still are, at the Ferrari dealers in Quebec and Ontario for $250K plus tax over list.

2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Did you try the P1 seats? They are much nicer and fairly comfortable.

3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    yes that’s what I ordered. Touring size.

Gh21631 and ScrappyB like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The 765 ( 720S) is not an easy or comfortable car to ingress and egress. Once inside, you want to stay awhile.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Ferrari Vancouver has a just arrived Pista for sale at $650K CAD. Comparably spec'd F8 is under $400K. Ferrari Quebec- Pista $669K.

6. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I concur. The standard buckets provide me with more support around my mid section and don’t force my shoulders forward like the Senna seats do. I also think the Senna seats look out of place in LT’s.

Coincid likes this.
  7. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I suspect those are customer cars being resold, in which case they’re ‘used’ and markup restrictions don’t apply.

8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #1808 Coincid, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    The just arrived Pista at Ferrari Vancouver is new. I won't get into the details of these dealer transactions, but the gist of it is: customer gets delivery of his car, puts it on consignement with the dealer who sells it and profits are divided. Or alternatively, dealer buys the car outright( at MSRP) from the purchaser and then resells it at the desired price. Due to the First Right of Refual agreement which all Ferrari purchasers must sign, which is reinforced by the registration of a property lien, purchaser , within the first 12 months of ownership, is obligated to present any purchase offer to the dealer for them to match at a maximum price of MSRP. In the event dealer does not wish to buy the car back, owner is released from the FROR contract and can sell it to another party at a maximum of MSRP. If dealer purchases the car back at MSRP, they are to free to sell the car at any price they wish, including over MSRP to any subsequent buyer. After 6 months but prior to 12 months subsequent to delivery, the dealer is only obligated to pay market value for the car but not higher than MSRP.

The First Right Of Refual contract that every Ferrari purchaser must sign is reinforced by a registered lien. This lien prevents the original purchaser from selling their car to any party without the permission of the dealer within the first 12 months of taking delivery.

I was stunned when shortly subsequent to my purchase of the F8, a received in the mail, a confirmation of the lien registered on my car by the dealer.

In my decades of car buying, I have signed many FROR contracts, but no dealer has ever registered a property lien on the car.

9. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Are 765 prices in Canada comparable to U,S costs?

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Coincid likes this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    With the US - CAD exchange rate, Canadian prices are 10% cheaper.

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Curacao Blue

14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    So we have the same spec....

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Coincid likes this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #1817 Coincid, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Any reason you went for dark palladium for the diffuser and rear aero bridge. Carbon fibre looks amazing in both and would be be consistent with the rest of the exterior carbon fibre.
    Front fender you chose body colour. If you opt for carbon fibre you get them louvered and it is free of charge.

17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Top Gear just posted the review of the 765 on how it drives on roads. Feels it is overly intense, and fatiguing as a daily driver. Ultimately too much of everything from suspension which highlights road imperfections to massive power that is not useable and reticent in the lower range until it builds and then explodes. Prefers the 675 LT which is not as daunting to drive and is calmer in demeanour. The 765 sounds like my kind of car.

tekaefixe and Jo Sta7 like this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The fenders are actually carbon, I had it updated. I left the diffusers palladium as the cost is $8k for those tiny parts. I'll add them later or simply have them painted gloss black. 8k just seemed silly.

19. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    The diffuser is actually massive. Relatively speaking, it’s actually ‘good’ value relative to the other carbon bits.

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It's the 2 strips, they are narrow and long. It will just look like a trim piece. If I dont like it I'll order them separately.

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Agree the price is relatively fair for the diffuser. The CF bridge was OTT and was told is easily retrofittable for less $. They wanted 26k for the bridge here. I left the bridge off but the rest of the lower was selected in CF.

PS Just checked in on Mclarenlife. Seems all the discussion on 765 is right here on fchat. Weird.

22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Those thin strips on the top on either side of the window is the aero bridge.The rear diffuser is a pretty large piece and looks really good in cf and the price is relatively reasonable.

23. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Reviews these days are mostly pointless, except to stoke the anticipation by waiting owners, including myself. In particular with LT McLarens where the basic recipe and execution is largely unchanged since the 675. Journalists are trying to keep themselves relevant by finding new adjectives to describe the latest super cars - all of which are supremely capable.

If this is your first Mac, all I can say is that the acceleration will be so brutal and entertaining that you’ll forget that the car has linked hydraulic suspension, active aero and hydraulic steering. At least, those things fade into the background whenever I drive my McLarens.

tekaefixe, Coincid and Jo Sta7 like this.
  24. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I read the TG review and thought it was relatively favorable. Also keep in mind CH is a very highly skilled driver so he will be more critical of how the car behaves vs others of lesser skill who gave higher favor to the car over the outgoing 675. CH is also known to alter his opinion along the way i've found. Chances are the next time he drives it he may form a different take on the car although it is becoming increasingly clear he is not at all convinced that all this power is necessary and, in many ways is counterproductive to the overall driving enjoyment. He seemed to express a similar opinion of the SF90.