Pizza Oven!!!!!! Outdoor Kitchen Anyone build one? | FerrariChat

Pizza Oven!!!!!! Outdoor Kitchen Anyone build one?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by SoCal1, Jun 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    #1 SoCal1, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Pizza junkie here and going to build an outdoor deal from scratch no kits totally original

Want to incorporate into an organic outdoor kitchen No gas no electric nothing no new bricks just clay mud rocks, recycled tile and maybe a few refractory bricks. Fell in love with the outdoor kitchens in South America

Anyone have something cool built I can steal some ideas from?

Design will have the main "pizza" oven/ smoker. Couple smaller open grilling spots for a WOK and kabobs

:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'd PM SCFerrari. He has posted pics of a whole host of amazing grub from his outdoor kitchen. Including a pizza oven...T

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Yeah but his is all commercial or custom stuff. Not like Tim is talking about.

I've seen videos and such for building your own. Something I've toyed with but not sure how much I'd use it. The beehive type has always fascinated me.

Something like this would be cool. Not sure if his was a kit or what though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g83RfUaey0Y

4. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Yes I saw his stuff in the post, WOW amazing kitchen for sure. I would be 400 pounds if I had that LOL

5. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    for a DIY outdoor pizza oven these guys are good -https://www.fornobravo.com

My pizza oven (in the original kitchen) is a commercial Earthstone Ovens unit out of LA -

6. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have built a few, and would recommend a kit which could be finished any way you want. There's a bit of engineering that goes into the amount of radiant vs. direct heat as well as smoke draw, not to mention safety.

7. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    If you really want to do it all yourself this guy made one that looks pretty awesome and he built in the ability to use it as a true smoker with an offset firebox. Pretty cool but a LOT of work....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2vuY2kL5bw

8. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    The home I bought in Goodyear came with a butt-ugly outdoor BBQ. I was going to knock it down but its hard-piped with gas and 120 outlets. Rather than taking it out, I decided I'd start its face-lift this weekend. Below is a before pic and what I have done to the base with some galvanized metal that is in progress. The top is next. Not sure if I want to tile over it or pour a new cement top. Thoughts?

arizonaitalian, Oengus and tomc like this.
  9. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    How does a Pizza Oven integrate into all this?