Planning to buy a Ferrari by 2022. Which one? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Planning to buy a Ferrari by 2022. Which one?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by gowthamn, Feb 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Totally agree! I appreciate the honest feedback from folks here, and the sincere and real advice I've received.

Lots of car forums are filled with fakers and liars making up fantasy scenarios that waste people's time, I've always appreciated that Ferrarichat has very little of that!

Welcome Gowtham!

gowthamn and BOKE like this.
  2. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    paulchua and BOKE like this.
  3. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Is that the new limited edition???;) My local Las Vegas dealer keeps getting these.:( Howdy Frisco, I have a place in Pilot Point.:D

[​IMG]

paulchua likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    you young whipper snappers!

I personally prefer the vintage classics.

These have seen way more 'real' action than any of the ones you guys posted....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

As a plus, there is the XP-51J special edition...with only 2 made.

KKSBA and DrewH like this.
  5. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Howdy Pilot Point

We're practically neighbors -- I live just off 380.

Sid

paulchua likes this.
  6. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    But Paul -- This doesn't meet the OPs requirements as it is front engined!

You would need one of these mid engined babies:

Sid

paulchua likes this.
  7. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    This is a great song

BOKE and paulchua like this.
  8. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Sigh...you probably have no idea that some long time members were simply mocking you the whole time and pretending they were just asking for clarification. This thread is really getting stupid.

9. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Why would they do that? Once I did feel that they were taking excessive interest in what my requirements were.

10. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    So in a nutshell you as a first time ferrari buyer want to get a special spec car that others have been waiting for and have "paid the price for" because you "want" it ? Awesome .
    I want to be an astronaut .

11. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    It's not a special spec. It's a regular production model. It's just that like customization so I am interested in tailor made.

12. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Because your original post indicates you haven't done your homework, so some users aren't taking you seriously.

BOKE and anunakki like this.
  13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The 'facelift 488' will be announced in Geneva in a few weeks . Rumoured to have the Pista engine plus tweeks to the front rear and maybe even the interior.

It will be a regular production model.

If i where you i would start talking to your dealer about it now.They can take orders for it right after Geneva for delivery starting 2020. The price likely more towards the regular 488 than the Pista.

Just see what they have to say. If you can slap down a deposit just go for it!

Then you will be in a better position to get the 488 replacement or anything else in the following years.

14. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    It would be really funny if some people here thought they were messing with the op when they were actually the one being trolled by the op the whole time.

Now this thread is getting my attention. Let me get some popcorns. I must be so bored. ..

15. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    As you all know I don't get the whole sarcastic underlying stuff, I was trying to figure out why all the pictures of planes. OP it took a while for people here to realize someone like me is real too, so do not be offended. I have an advantage in cannot be offended and in all fairness the fact that you were offered a brand new 488 (as well as a possible build spot) is not as I said the norm for a first time customer. A used car, maybe a new Portofino, that is the usual starting point for first timers. You have not been here long so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you did not understand it is better to search on here first. There was a thread recently where someone asked if there is some special handshake to get a build spot. for a Ferrari. Had you read that thread you would know the answer to most of your questions. As a long time member here, I try and offer help when I can, when I see a nice car at my local dealer I let the board know (there are right now a nice 575 and 360 spider). There are many reasons people want to own a Ferrari, and I am in no position to judge anyone's but as much as I like cars, I like good deals even better, and buying a new Ferrari (to me at least I've done it more than once), would no longer fall into a good deal category, nor would a GT3RS, you see if I wanted a car like that I'd build it myself (I have already done that many times). If you want one, I know a Porsche dealer that will get you one fast, PM me I will give you his contact info. I will never meet you OP, and I imagine (at least I hope you are), you are a sincere guy who just has no experience with Ferrari's. That does make me wonder why you seem to want one, have you driven a F12, 812, 488, 458, FF, or 430? The questions you ask seem more about which car you could buy new vs which car is the best fit. My advise drive a few, if you can handle a GT3 RS on a track then I assume you can drive, you might find I am right the F12 is an amazing car for street driving, and unless you want a Ferrari just to show off to people and say I built this my way, it is probably going to be a good fit for you, and a good deal too. Good luck, I am now going to put on my flight suit. By the way that Cayman is really nice, but remember I am an old guy with bad eyes, bad hearing and wrists destroyed by arthritis (cannot open a bottle of water some days), I think that is a bit extreme for me. I bet that thing is a blast on the track though.

16. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Paul, double check that it's furnished with the Rolls-Royce Merlin engine

paulchua likes this.
  17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Anybody that has been a member of this forum for a while will know that we occasionally get posts/members that are disingenuous. When this does occur, the sarcasm and cat photos come out.

The skepticism can appear elitist and unwelcoming. It is no surprise to question and be critical with the brusque posts to what would seemingly be a legitimate and fair query.

As to why this post was strange to me was while gowthamn have always been polite and respectful, the constant 'flip-flopping' was hard to follow.

I plan on getting the next gen GT3RS
    to
    I have a GT3RS
    to
    I am on a waiting list for the next gen
    to
    I am actually in the waiting list for current gen

OR

I want a Ferrari, but it has to be limited edition
    to
    Nope it doesn't
    to
    Yes it does.
    to
    Nope it doesn't again

Now, this all said, I do give gowthamn the benefit of the doubt. I think there was probably just miscommunication.

But I hope this gives context to the raised eyebrows.

18. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    boring - large yawn

m5shiv and paulchua like this.
  19. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Yup, wasted my popcorns. Where is the OP? Come on, I am bored.

paulchua likes this.
  20. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    The OP was naughty and his Mum took his computer away.

iloveferrari and paulchua like this.
  21. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Or kicked out of the basement.

paulchua likes this.
  22. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    wanna give yourself a headache, go read his posts in the 488 Replacement thread. He is trolling us to my eye (or...well, it could be something more troubling than trolling I suppose). I called him out there with a post asking him wtf was up with his silly/odd questions (many of them)...I think he abandoned that thread thereafter...only to start this one...

paulchua likes this.
  23. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    His Mum locked him in the basement because he is such a **** and does not want to see him.

Rather than start a new thread can I have some valuable input. I am looking to purchase a Ferrari in 2047 any ideas which model I should select. I will be purchasing before then but I am really excited about the 2047 models. I know I want either a V12 or V8. Currently I have my 599 and a Pista will be arriving in a few months. By the way they are 1:1 scale not 1:43 scale. Will there be a self driving option by then and if so can it be disabled? Will the battery tender be wireless by then? What is the consensus about the sticky buttons and leather shrinkage. Will those issues be fixed by then and if so do you think they would offer a nostalgia option through Tailor Made to be able to order them. I kinda like the sticky buttons and leather shrinking as it gives me something to look out for each time I go for a drive.

Looking forward to valuable input and I will have more questions.

paulchua likes this.
  24. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Sigh

paulchua likes this.
  25. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    s gooI have driven the GT Porkers and I don't quite get it. As good as they are, I would sooner take a bus than wait 5 years for one of those bugs!

As for an Fcar.... if you want a new one and have never had one before, you may be SOL, unless you are willing to grease the Ferrari dealer weasels. There is a list full of regular buyers, and most are willing to pay over sticker for the privilege. I don't get it, but Ferrari had become quite adept at getting normally intelligent people to open their wallets and pay vast sums of money for ridiculous do-dads made of carbon and cars which will do 200mph that will be used to barely break the speed limit on their way to bragging at coffee. :)

paulchua likes this.