Planning Trip to Dubai - Places to Visit, & Stay - Recommendations | FerrariChat

Planning Trip to Dubai - Places to Visit, & Stay - Recommendations

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by vipermann123, May 11, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    I maybe going to Dubai in June for a small project for 2 weeks or longer.

Question #1: "Mall of Dubai" and "Mall of Emirates" are two physically different places correct.

* Which is larger and has more Stores, Restaurants?
    * Also, Which one is in a safer "better" area?

I think I may stay at a Hotel next to one of the Malls. Can you recommend a Hotel?

Question #2: Places to Visit: (Please add to this list below - Tourist Areas & Cultural Areas)
    Both Malls
    Burj Khalifa
    Ferrari Museum
    Atlantis, The Palm

Question #3: Indian / Pakistani Restaurants
    * Since I will be meeting with both Indian and Pakistani Business Associates, can you give me the names, address, and phone of some great restaurants.

Question #4: If any F-Chatters want to do a Meet & Greet, Let me know. My Treat!!!!
    * Any Good Cars & Coffee Car shows in the area?

2. dchou1107

dchou1107 Rookie

Mar 21, 2013
    Another so.cal person here. It's a good place to visit but not live and unfortunately I have been here for two year. Dubai mall is nicer but you should go to both. Mall of the emirates have a nice collection of cars at the valet. I would recommend staying at the address hotel adjacent to Dubai mall or the Armani hotel. Both are wonderful and convenient to the malls. You should try to see the Burj al Arab, Atlantis, book a safari ride. Ferrari world is nothing special but it may be worth a trip since you are here to see it at least once.

3. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
  4. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    Awesome Dealership!!!... added to my list of places to visit.

5. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    It's been a few years since I visited Dubai, but I would second the recommendation for the Burj al Arab and doing a desert safari tour. Do the one that stays for dinner in the evenings. Lots of fun.

I also stayed at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel and can highly recommend it if you want to be on the water. Staying there also gets you rights to visit the Burj al Arab as a bonus. It also got us into the adjacent water park which, even for two thirty-somethings at the time, was great fun. Particularly in the heat of June! Shop around for some good rates and maybe even stay there for just a couple of days.

6. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Not a good time of the year to visit. It's hot!
    Take a boat tour of the Dubai creek.
    Malls? WTF? They are the same glitzy consumer fests as malls anywhere. The fountains outside the Emirates Mall are nice...just Vegas on a bigger scale. You can book a trip to the observation deck on the Burj Al Khalifa. Kiost at the Emirates mall and you can also do it online. 30 bucks.

Burj Al Arab is hideous decor and the restaurants are expensive. Still, worth seeing, I suppose.
    Jumeriah Beach Hotel water park is fun.

Desert safari is fun, too.

Rent a car and drive to Abu Dhabi and back. Watch a soccer game. Smoke hookah. Avoid the Russian hookers. Emirates lounge at DXB is great. Rest of Dubai is overpriced and hot and bland.

7. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    OK, I am doubling my Food budget. I intend to eat like there is no tomorrow and come back fatter and heavier than I left.... Thanks bro!!!

8. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Ferrari world is a waste of time, the vintage cars are fakes. Not sure if the roller coaster is working though (if you like roller coasters).

See if there are any track days at Yas or the Autodrome. Take an Aston or a single seater out.
    Malls are malls.

Go to the auto souk in Ras al Khor. Sometimes you will see weird stuff there will blow your mind.

9. mikegr

mikegr Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Europe
    Food and staying is the less worried issues in Dubai...Do some research there's maybe a car show in the area, these are frequent.