Playersrun update | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Playersrun update

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by PlayersMarkus, Jun 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rkm

rkm Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Spring Hill
    Full Name:
    Robert Monroe
    the Run came through KC last night. Post a few links for some pictures here. Saw Roland's F40. Beautiful car. There were two F40s in the run, and the local owner of an F40 came down to see the cars. Saw both Murcs, lots of 360s and one F355 Spyder. The Eleanor was back in business this morning. Looks like it came in on the trailer last night but it was on the road this morning when we went to watch them leave. Awesome cars!! Even saw the Teckadymics guys shooting some video so looking forward to that coming out soon!!!!

http://home.comcast.net/~layztt/pr/
    http://www.kcpimp.com/gallery/playersrun2004
    http://fast4doors.com/stl-web/gallery/playersrun
    http://img29.photobucket.com/albums/v87/svt4real/players run/

2. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Hi guys. Went to the Run today in Topeka. Great time, had my senior pictures done there. A bit of a letdown: the Enzo, Mosler, S7, Continental GT, Ford GT, General Lee, and the Eleanor were nowhere to be seen. Guess something happened to Eleanor between KC and here, or they got lost(doubtful). The F40's are looking good, used the track the most out of all the cars there. Evo's engine got messed up pretty good (don't know why), 996 Turbo hauled away on a flatbed truck, and a 350Z spun out a couple of times.

Just thought I'd keep ya posted.

3. millerphatty

millerphatty Karting
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Davenport, IA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Miller
    I ran into the group with John, and Brandy on Monday in Des Moines. I was really suprised to see a yellow F355 speeding up behind my car and blowing by me. Followed by a Diablo and then have the F355 drop back because he saw the Ferrari Marlboro sticker on my rear window. I was headed to Kansas City with my sister and my neice so luckily I had my camera. The 355 came back to rev his engine for me and take off from about 75-80 mph. Then I spotted John in the F40 and again he slowed down. Brandy was taking a picture of my car as my sister was taking one of his!! So here we are on I-80 cruising somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 mph and I have my brother on the phone my sister trying to take pictures of Ferraris and Emilie (my neice) in the back trying to see what I am looking at. They were followed by a German video crew and had some TV time smoking around the other traffic with just me in my Ghostly white Oldsmobile Alero sticking right in there. I was running light so when we hit the traffic I pulled off for a splash and go. The Players Run was nowhere in sight. We continued at around 80 and Emilie began to get fussy, so we decided to stop just before Oceola, IA. Who should we run into? The Players we pulled into the gas station and I immediatly walked over to take a look at the f-40 and the 456gt. When I got there I was greeted with smiles saying how much they liked my sticker. I replied "we can trade cars if you want". I checked out the cars and asked what was going on, John told me they were headed to the Fairmount Hotel at the Plaza in Kansas City. I told him that we were headed the same way and he invited us to see him at the hotel. Well we all hit the road and by the time I got out of the clover leaf all I could see was the Mini Cooper and the Caravan with the camera. It was somewhere just inside the Missouri line when we saw our friends in the f355 again with cherries poppin behind them! He got a ticket in a road race WTF? We continued on our way and had my brother-in-law meet us in the plaza in his Triumph spitfire. We parked in a garage across the river from the hotel and walked over to see the cars. Low and behold there were somthing like 30 cars that I didn't see on the road! But no f40 no yellow f355 no mini no 348 no diablo and certianly no 456! where were they? I couldn't have beat them they were going over 100 mph last time I saw them! Turns out the old Alero smoked the pack by about 20-25 minutes. After the ticket the Diablo had an encounter with a dodge neon and a truck bedliner!!!!! OH NO!!! Not sure about any damage because the diablo went straight to the parking garage. But John pulled up the F40 turned it around right in front of the door and began unfolding himself out of the car. The concierge informed him that he would need to move his car because it may be hit. John replied with a smile "Well it needs a new paint job". John then told me they were heading out in the morining to the heartland track in Topeka to let the cars loose! So we met them there and got some awesome pics of the 2 f40s blasting by the yellow lambo and everyone else having a great time! There was a porsche that lost a leg and a Lancer EVo that probably should not have even gone out on the track because that car did not look good when he brought it in!! But all in all it was an awesome time. I just wish that I could have gone for a ride with Roland or John or Brandy because all three can drive the **** out of those cars!!!
    I again would just like to thank you guys for a great time! and I hope to keep in touch with my new friends!

4. mchferrari

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Yes I do recall seeing a white Alero parked with the whole group. I remember wondering why it could get so close, when everyone else parked in the main lot, but I guess I now know that you had connections!

5. millerphatty

millerphatty Karting
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Davenport, IA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Miller
    Well after beating them to KC by 20 minutes or so They let me be a member. I even got a sticker but I didn't throw it on my car. I probably could have even snuck it out on the track like that EVO. Too bad for that guy!!

6. rkm

rkm Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Spring Hill
    Full Name:
    Robert Monroe
    Just heard that the Teckadymics M3 got busted going about 150ish between Aspen and Vegas. Got hauled off to jail, and when the jusdge asked them to declare the value of their car they said $150,000 and then asked for a court-appointed attorney. Apparently the judge didn't have a sense of humor about it. Bail was set about $75K, and they had to fly their lawyer in to get it down to $10K, then they had to haul ass to Vegas to catch up.

Also heard that one of the silver Porsches, not sure if it was a 911TT or 993 or which one, shelled the engine between Denver and Aspen. Had to air-freight a new engine and by the time the morning rolled around he was ready to go again with a brand new crate 850-hp engine.

7. mchferrari

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Yeah too bad for him! He must have tagged with the group all the way from Illinois only to completely screw up his engine on the track...! I saw him at O'Reilly's after it with another Porsche...lol.

As for the silver Porsche that needed a new engine...well I think 850hp should be sufficient!?!

8. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    That was Dado, he never made it to Denver. Brandy told me he was busted @157mph but the other Teckadimics (spelling?) guys said he was around 187mph. It sucks because I really wanted to see his car... turbo charged putting down 650+hp to the wheels.

9. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex

This is a little unrealated to your post but I wanted to ask you Don, did you see the silver Porsche 959 that was parked on (i think) 17th street, I couldnt really belive I saw that car, nor that he had nothing to do with the run! Too bad about that weather huh? I was lookin forward to seeing Rolands LM again, at least John brought the F40 out. I heard of a Porsche that hit about 185, then got pulled over and then a 360 Spider owner told me that hes seen people at about 180, 190 mph!

10. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Thanks to all the chatters who I had the chance to meet during the many stops. Sorry that I was so busy with the Runners and their littles problems
    (windshield, il etc..).
    Tifosi 12, thanks for your time and nice pics....
    I got late in some cities since I was the rear gard and I had to handle flatbed etc...while the Run kept going..
    The LM ran perfectly and even if I had to load on some freeway (to hard with the race suspention)we ended up with 1500 miles on the clock.
    What a great event surrounded by nice peoples and great cars. John's F40 ran very well and we were many miles together.
    Video will be showed at the BBQ in July at the Ranch in Colorado.
    Thanks to all across this great country. It was nice to put a face a the chatters.
    Roland
    F40LM

11. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Roland, sorry I missed you in Long Beach, I am working in Honolulu this weekend. Unfortunatly not the kind of work you do.

12. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hey Markus, was Reza on this run again?

Jason-

13. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I think I saw him in some cop pictures at the track.

14. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Yes I did see the 959 it was awesome... I t was the first car I saw on Market St. when I got down town.

15. mchferrari

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    How many miles does your LM have, Roland?

16. Glen_Lloyd

Glen_Lloyd Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Are you still planning to have the LM at ZR in Calgary this coming weekend?like to meet you there.......

17. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    How about the Jackass guys?

18. prova4re

prova4re Karting

Nov 23, 2003
    Ontario Canada
    Reza was in a 360 spyderr this year, and thr Jackass guys were not there this year.

19. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    The ZR show in Calgary was canceled, so, I'm waiting to get the LM back here to do a full disssembling after so many miles on the road.
    I must have just close to 3000 miles with the 1500 we just did.
    A small oil leak at a came shaft seal is the only problem, I have to change a "diaper" on a regular base !!!
    Thanks again for all the Chatters's visit, it was cool to put a face on all of them.
    Kennyh, thanks for the pics.
    Roland
    F40LM

20. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Wow. Sounds like a lot of trouble this year but then again that happens every year. LOL!

21. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I would imagine. That is just a nasty thought and must be even worse to see.