please help locate the yellow 348 challenge | FerrariChat

please help locate the yellow 348 challenge

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jan 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Can anyone help me locate the owner of the yellow 348 challege that was listed for sale at Algar? 1997 challenge winner, air, interior added, full roll bar. The owner may race a 360 some in FL. Thanks

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    It could be a car I had under contract where the owner weasled out of the contract. Almost sounds like the car. I had the story at one point for the car. Was a competitive car raced had and now back to street version but heavily damaged. If that is the car the car is in SLC but not at Steve Harris, private owner.

Martin

3. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    THANKS FOR THE REPLY:

You sent me pics and info on your 355, also I have been following your car on ebay.

I spoke with the 348 owner in LA, and he gives you an excellent rating as far as integrity to do business with. The yellow car was last seen by me on Algar's web site, orginally picked up at the car experience. I asked Algar about this car, but they never got back to me, so I posted this message. The asking price Algar had was 72K, and they said it was the 1997 challenge winner, ect, ect.

Thank your for your reply.

David

4. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    David,

if you are going as high as that to look for cars you may as well be looking at 355s. The yellow 355 we have is just a couple of bucks more that ALGARs asking price on this 348 and it has not been raced and crashed on a race by race basis. It is faster than a 348CH although it is more stock 355. You really should be looking into that car.

Just completed 30K service, new clutch needs some paint on the front bumper, comes with all books, records, tools etc. One owner car.

Martin