Please post pictures of the 330 p4 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Please post pictures of the 330 p4

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by woza, Jan 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    Im in love! P4 is perfect, simply perfect in the design, where can i read about this wonderful car? Any good site with information? Thanks
    Ill have to draw a black one...i just have to :)

2. eurperules

eurperules Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    belgium
    Full Name:
    stijn quintyn
    my favourite sports prototype of all time.
    i have some pics of tha giallo one, but haven't figured out how to post pics yet...

3. eurperules

Jan 25, 2005
    belgium
    Full Name:
    stijn quintyn
    P4replica, do you have a thread with info/images on your car? do you happen to have a lee noble build replica..?

i've read quite an interesting article about that on totalkitcar.co.uk

4. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Not on my own P4 replica, but there have been other threads / posts on the subject.
    Here are links to a few of them:
    Poor man's P4 replica project
    Norwood Ferrari P4 replica in Belgium ?
    Noble P4 replica on eBay
    Unknown European P4 replica
    P4 replica in Argentina
    All of the photos have been (temporarily) lost from the first (long) thread, due to FerrariChat's server crash in December. But if you drop me an email to: [email protected], I can send you a word.doc with a list of URL's that includes most of the interesting ones, particularly Mark Collins' Foreman P4 which was the subject of that thread.
    As they say in the English Courts of Law - "Guilty as charged, M'Lud".
    Check out my profile / profile pic. Also there are a few more photos posted here:
    http://public.fotki.com/P4Replica/my_p4_replica/ and here:
    http://public.fotki.com/p4register/nf_autos_open_day/ (the first 4 in the top row)
    Which article ? This one, on Neil Foreman's Can-Am ? Or another one on Noble P4's ?

5. eurperules

Jan 25, 2005
    belgium
    Full Name:
    stijn quintyn
    Here are links to a few of them:
    thank you, those were great to read!

Which article ? This one, on Neil Foreman's Can-Am ? Or another one on Noble P4's ?[/QUOTE]
    yes, that was the article i was referring to. lovely car, but i prefer the closed version (like the one at collins clan)

stijn

6. blackflag6989

blackflag6989 Rookie

Oct 17, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Stephen Saia
  7. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Can anyone post pics of 0844 at Daytona 1967?
    Thanks!

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Easily the most voluptuous sports-racing car ever built! Thanks for the thread.

9. macca

macca Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2003
    #35 macca, Apr 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

The P3 gearbox was said in some books and magazines to be a ZF......when it first appeared it had a Ferrari gearbox (beefed-up visually different version of the 1966 F1 gearbox).....Autosport reporting Daytona '67 said the NART P3 had switched TO a ZF box..........a couple of the P3 retirements in 1966 were gearbox failures, unknown in ZFs...............

If you remember, Paul, that was where the 'discussion' was left........and before you get too carried away in your role as custodian of all things P4, here's another picture.

Paul M
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Paul M is quite correct. 0846's build sheets speak for themselves. It's original gearbox was type 593 P3 not ZF as was used later in 0848/0850/0854 all of which were uprated to 603R's when they were converted to 412P's.

Ferrari 330 P3 Berlinette et Spider Drogo de 1966

Mécanique
    Moteur type 216 B, V12 à 60° de 3966.89cc, cylindrée unitaire 330.57cc, bloc moteur en Silumin, soutenu par quatre pattes dans le châssis,
    culasses type 216, en Silumin à deux soupapes par cylindre, carters en magnésium et en aluminium, chemises en fonte,
    vilebrequin tourillonnant dans sept paliers, distribution commandée par chaîne, à deux arbres à cames en tête par rangée de cylindres.

Alimentation par injection indirecte, pompe à injection Lucas, pompe à essence électrique Bendix.
    Allumage à deux bougies par cylindre, deux distributeurs et quatre bobines Marelli.
    Lubrification par carter sec, radiateur et réservoir de 10 litres. Circuit de refroidissement par pompe centrifuge et radiateur situé à l'avant.
    Taux de compression 11,4:1. Puissance maximum de 420 ch à 8000 tr/min.

Embrayage Borg & Beck multidisque. Boîte / pont type 593 à cinq rapports et marche arrière, différentiel autobloquant,
    différents rapports de boîte de vitesse et de pont disponibles.

Ferrari 412 P Berlinette Drogo de 1967

Voitures réalisées avec les deux châssis de réserve, non terminées en 1966 avec les mêmes caractéristiques que la P3 / 412 sauf :

Mécanique
    Boîte / pont ZF remplacée par une boîte / pont Ferrari type 603 R à partir de 24 Heures du Mans sur 0854 et des 1000 kilomètres de Paris sur 0850.

Châssis
    Réservoirs d'essence de 151 litres.
    Poids à vide avec la boîte ZF : 833kg.
    Empattement 2412 mm.

Carrosserie
    Berlinette type 604 avec sept fentes sur les côtés du capot arrière de 0850 et 0854.
    Réalisation en tôle d'aluminium avec les portes en polyester....
    selon les mêmes dessins que ceux de la carrosserie des P3 / 412 P.

Châssis 0850 , 0854

Châssis n° 0850 de 1967
    Berlinette Ecurie Francorchamps
    Châssis type 604, moteur type 241, boîte de vitesses ZF type 5DS puis Ferrari type 603 R
    après les 1000 kilomètres de Spa-Francorchamps, carrosserie type 604, roues 593.

11. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Man, if only my batteries wouldn't have run out on my camera at the French quarter Classic, I would have tons of pics for you!! Spent to much time on the Enzo,, F1 car, and FIA Gt 360 beofre I got to the back where the P4 was:(

12. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    definitely looks better in those aged pictures.

13. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    you have those pics in hi-res??? Camera went dead before I got to the P4, didnt get a shot in; and I would greatly appreciate the pics!! Were you at the event?

14. jmiles360

jmiles360 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    J. Miles
  15. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen