Please "show me the money" | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Please "show me the money"

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by thoang, Feb 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I know Josh, but I may have met Tuan in passing while in SR long time ago. I think this back and forth regarding if Josh is a CFA or not is such a waste of time. I admit it's a little entertaining, but if you really think about it, this whole thing is so stupid. You guys should take this offline and settle it once and for all. In the end no one cares, anyway. It feels like highschool all over again!

Just enjoy your Ferraris and get over it, guys!

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002

Are you serious?? Online reputation is worth little, and online personas, even when backed up by trivial personal interactions are still subject to question. If someone goes about purporting to be something he is not, it should be brought to the light of day for all to see and make judgment. Why are positive qualities readily discussed online but negative ones "taken offline" consistently? The public airing of dirty laundry might not be tactful, but for a community whose core value is the character of its' participants - character judgments are paramount.

Pretty naive, IMO.

--Dan

3. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Dude are you calling me naive?! Let's not get carried away here. I see your point, but the he said-he said posts hasn't come to anything. It's pretty obvious something doesn't add up. I'm just pointing out that so far they've been going around in circles. There's been a lot of play with words, and all that's needed is a yes or no and proof from the individual being questioned.

So what's it going to be?

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Of course I'm calling you naive. I wrote it out, so I'm not where the ambiguity there is. Let me try again: you're really naive. Get carried away with it, this whole "let's not lose sight of the discussion" stuff is complete malarky, generally uttered by the people who can't seem to reason in line with the discussion. Yeah, they've been going around in circles a bit, but they're seemingly concentric circles and with every iteration we get closer to some form of truth. No doubt Josh should put up or shut up, but that doesn't mean Tuan shouldn't or doesn't need to question him, in public or otherwise. To do so here gives us all a chance to make our own fair assessments, given that we've all been subject to the matter now.

--Dan

5. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    Alex, I respectfully disagree. I think I am getting closer to the truth. Josh made a claim that he was a CFA in a post to substantiate the context of his reply.

I de-bunked his claim.

So he implied that he was once a CFA but lost his designation after he lost the sponsorship of his financial institution and stopped paying the annual dues of $225.

But I de-bunked that too...

Now Josh claims that he took all three exams and passed, but didn't get the designation because things (he claim) occurred that were beyond his control.

But now, all I am asking is that he prove he passed all three exams, because he can no longer claim he's a CFA now or in his past life. It's like peeling the layers of an onion. When you get to the center, you might not like what you see. I don’t mind taking criticism. We are on a public forum where facts and opinions are exchanged. It’s this exchange of information that makes Fchat a vibrant community. I’ve met and made some very good friends from Fchat and I hope to keep them. But I must say, I did not like Josh bringing my wife's name in one of his replies.

If you read carefully, he claims he worked for a financial company that was bought out by another company (I assume another financial company). He went to the new parent company as a DBA. Something sounds fishy. If he studied for 4 years, and made sacrifices for 4 years, passed all three difficult exams, and went to work for the "new" parent company, I don't see how he could not finish his CFA designation. It's just another layer of the onion. I am reminded of an old adage, "A lie told often enough becomes the truth."

6. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Excuse me! Do you have an issue with me? I would have expected more from you, DAN! If you want to start with me then go ahead. If you think I'm naive...fine. But I guess it takes one to know one. You didn't even know that you had to order off the menu for dim sum at Koi Palace!!!

That's naive and DUMB!!!

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Yeah!?!? I'm "a naive [sic]" ?? Hmm, makes sense. Riiight, order off of a menu for dim sum when there are trays and carts coming all around. Makes a lot of sense. And now we're resorting to name calling? Well how about what Amanda called you after she dumped you... "he's small enough to fit in that raikkonen suit, it isn't tight around the crotch at all."

Ouch.

--Dan

8. bzerkqirk

bzerkqirk Karting

Sep 12, 2006
    Full Name:
    Kirk
    Saw a SUV's licenses plates "CFA 1" this morning, made me think of this thread. That's all.

9. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    It's valentines day kids, what do you say we settle this in the hot tub?

10. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
  11. Five

Five Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2006
    Silicon Valley, CA
    I nominate this for worst thread ever posted in the Norcal section.

12. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Dude give me a break! You're just jealous I can fit in Raikkonen's suit! You should have heard what Amanda said about you... "His breasts are bigger than mine, and I've got DD's!!!

Time to go back to your nutritionist! :)

13. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I nominate you for worst post in worst thread ever posted in Norcal.

14. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Dude, just because I fill out a bikini better than you do...

15. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Is the hot tub ready yet?

16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    OK, I need pics. Wait, maybe I don't :D

17. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Now that's where I have to draw the line. I can stand the bickering, the foul language, the taunting, the general hurtful tone. But there is ONE thing I will not stand for and that is posting a quote from someone who is making an unproven claim!! This argument is worthless until you can prove that "Amanda", indeed, sports DDs.

;-)

18. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    This post is worthless without pictures!

19. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    Dan, better watch out I'm learning from this thread that anything you say is libel, hahahahaha. You getting a 599? You up there yet? Buahahahahah

20. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    At least 2 fchatters need to be present to personally measure and certify said alleged "DDs".

I volunteer, because I care about this community.

21. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Dude, when I was done getting my $20 back for my hat they drove over a silverstone car for me from service cuz the rubino one in the showroom was a joke.

22. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby

Dan, that's cool man. If you get a 599 more people will like you and you'll be even cooler than you are now. I mean do you know how many people you can impress with a 599, how people who normally wouldn't talk to you will after you get your 599...that would be SO Cool.

23. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Dude, it would be so cool I could like pay $50 to valet the car in front of v-bar when they normally only ask $20 and they'd put my car right up in front and then like seriously people will be looking at me especially lots of dudes and beat down housewives. That 7 seconds of glory, where like I start it up and everyone is looking at me and thinking "damn that car is hot, even with that tool driving it" is soooo worth it and I just hope I don't stall or something. Man, it would be so sweet. Seriously. And I might even get like all the really fugly but think they're hot SF type of girls to roll out with me and stuff now. Dude. I'll be living the life, all cuz I had the balls to pay 50k over MSRP even though the car's gonna be worth 100k less in a year and a half.

24. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    Tru that brother! Just imagine if you told them you were a lawyer...booooyahhhhh

25. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Hey Dan.........long time no talk. How are ya man? Entertaining thread to say the least. :)

Wheres Norman been?