Pocono FCA ESR 21 and 22 June | FerrariChat

Pocono FCA ESR 21 and 22 June

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by wthensler, Jun 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    The Empire State Region of FCA hosted a two day track event at Pocono Raceway this past Tuesday and Wednesday.

We ran most of the Tricky Triangle, which is about as close to a Nascar event as you will ever encounter. Turn 1 is banked (18 degrees?) and is very high speed, I routinely hit 150 plus on the section that followed. But it’s so much more than managing speed.

The infield section was technical and a tight series of S turns, back onto the main track.

We only ran one group, which meant as much track time as you could absorb in two full days. I ran the 458 with a younger fella in a GT4 and another guy (instructor) in a Track Boss Mustang. We had many laps of cat and mouse, good clean hot laps! An absolute blast!

Kudos to Bob Coates and Chris Vorce of FCA for all their hard work. I can say without reservation these are by far the best track events out there! And it was great to see a bunch of folks from May at The Glen there. I hope folks here will consider coming to the event at The Glen in early September.

The 458 was bulletproof and got a ton of track time at wide open throttle. The poor GT4 did encounter a problem near the end of the event, maybe we stressed it too hard. But then again I always say…..Ferrari for the win!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Doc V. and schao like this.