Poll do you love the new 296GTB? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Poll do you love the new 296GTB?

Discussion in '296' started by buddyg, Jun 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Do you love the new 296GTB?

1. Absolutely stunning!

136 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. Absolutely Stunning and I will buy one!

56 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. Just Meh

174 vote(s)
    43.7%
  4. Fugly

32 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    50/50 right now in the poll between Loving it and not.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    My sentiments exactly. If this was an option I'd vote for that in the poll. Didn't vote in case it gets added (if a mod can add it?).

Leaving money totally out of the equation I'd be walking straight past the Ferrari dealer and go to the Porsche dealership for a 911 GT3 in manual. Yes also a 6 cylinder but no turbos, heavy hybrid etc....and if you play your cards right you can get a Ferrari alongside (FF, 430, 550 Maranello...take your pick).

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    artura and 296 are both midengined rwd v6tt hybrids with dct and dont see why they should be compared to each other?

4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    The Pista arrive made the 488 GTB's bottom because of trade ins. So as to some extent the F8's BUT the 296 GTB will not cause any of the V8 series to lose more value. I really believe even go up.

V6 faster so , V6 meh , electric ha ha ha

JTSE30 likes this.
  5. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    500tr, day355 and Enzo Belair like this.
  6. F355GTB

F355GTB Karting

Jul 9, 2012
    Same hp like 812 competizione.. not good...

7. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    You might be missing a few things:

· 120º V6 Turbo + Hybrid Drivetrain
    · Short Range Full Electric Capability
    · Light on Luxury Features but High on Driver Focus
    · Similar Goals of Driving Pleasure over Track Duty
    · Appealing to a Modern (Minded) Customer/Client
    · Entry Hybrid​

8. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    not keen on the baby sf90 styling, esp the rear lights, v6 turbo hybrid doesn't interest me regardless of it being 830hp which is largely useless outside of the track anyway.

I don't doubt it'll be an experience to drive as always.

9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Love it. No. Like it yes. But too refined and GT looking for my tastes. My preference in super cars lies in more race oriented aesthetics and immersive , thrilling driving dynamics. As a second , dally driver , it fits the bill. It needs to blow me away when I drive it to consider a purchase.

Shadowfax likes this.
  10. _CoA

_CoA Rookie

Mar 12, 2012
    I like the car, 830hp+rwd, this car should be an absolute treat to drive.

I’m seeing a lot of nostalgia for v8. I think the real charm of a proper v8 Ferrari engine is in the sound. However the current F8 sounds very meh due to the regulations (I live in China). If Ferrari is no longer able to replicate the sound of past NA v8, I see no harm in downshifting to a smaller displacement and a smaller engine for the sake of performance.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 FerrariChat

11. todd cloud

todd cloud Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    the crease in the rear quarter makes me want to call a paintless dent removal expert....

Nemesis138 likes this.
  12. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have had a couple of days to look at it and truthfully I really like the looks of it . I doubt I would buy it but great looking car

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #38 TheMayor, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Its this or a Maserati Mc20. But I'd only like a spider version. That CF tub in the Maser is really beautiful. The hybrid system in the 296 scares the hell out of me. The Maser is more pure sports car and looks more exotic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

14. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I'm rather lukewarm on it. It looks better than the sf90 imo. It looks nice, but it doesn't look amazing. I don't like the v6 or hybrid part either, but I understand times are changing.

15. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    296 < F8 < MC20 < 488 Pista

16. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    You want immersive, thrilling driving dynamics? Try Back of the Dragon (SR-16) in Southern VA. Even in a lowly 458, it’s 35 miles of funhouse-type cruelty......just bring a change of drawers.

Driving dynamics of the 296 are TBD, but its girth won’t help it on these severe twisties. 800+hp ain’t gonna be usable here.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

rpmtifosi, Thecadster and Coincid like this.
  17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yep. I agree.

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #43 TheMayor, Jun 26, 2021
    From my perspective, I'd rather have the 296 available without the hybrid and "only" 635 HP. It would cost less, it would be lighter, and it would get rid of my biggest fear -- complexity and reliability.

If these things are in the shop all the time, the resale value will sink like a stone as the warranty period runs out. So whatever they do, it has to be reliable because repair costs after warranty will be a nightmare.

On the SF90 its not such a problem given its positioning as a hypercar. The 296 is the next evolution of Ferrari's basic 2 seat sports/ Gt's not priced much differently than most of the line.

I think the 296 looks great. One of the nicest designs in a long time. Classic Ferrari looks with big sweeping curves, few sharp lines, and great details. Its the 512 BB vs the Countach. But I want to drive it around town, not to the dealer.

I think the concept of a hybrid to get over turbo lag is great. And having 15 miles or so of electric only solves the problem of Euro cities banning gas powered cars. But will the hybrid system stand up over time? That part I cannot tell. If they get the reputation of being in the shop all the time, people will go back to a more simpler drive train. Heaven knows their first hybrid was not what you would call "reliable". Maybe (hopefully) they've learned. I really, really hope they did because I think there's a lot riding on this car for Ferrari in the future.

Those of you who want a more exotic muscular look -- buy a Hurrican. I'll take the prettier and more curvy one to dinner anytime. :)

wthensler likes this.
  19. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    so why not MC20?

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Not sure I understand the question but to me, the MC20 is less GT and more sporty. Some like that, some lie to themselves when they say they want a sports car but really want a GT.

Shadowfax likes this.
  21. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    I'm afraid that Ferrari will never build Dino successor that you are waiting for ... If Alfa 4c have 6 cylinders it would be close what you are looking for???

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Why does a car need hybrid power to be fun? Isn't that a fair question?

day355 likes this.
  23. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    I think hybrid will be good for V12 cars if this give a chance to keep naturally aspirated engine alive .... but for turbo it's unnecessary ...

24. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #49 Shadowfax, Jun 26, 2021
    Buddy your poll only offers a choice of do you a) love it, b) love it and buy it, c)hate it, etc so sorry I am unable to cast a vote on your poll.

I sit in the category where I quite like the look of it and see it as a major improvement over SF90 but aren't wowed by it and, I wish I was able to be, but its falling over in a few areas which would give it the WOW factor it should have had as a new model.

Now would I buy it as a daily sports type car?
    No. I don't see this as a proper sports car plus there are better daily-able "sports type looking cars" out there which offer better practicality and, which still offer a compelling enough drive in trafficable environments and, have enough power and acceleration to deal will all trafficable situations without requiring 800+ hp...or a battery tender to stay alive for the next days use.

Now would I buy one as a FUN sports car for those drives out of town or at the track?
    Well that one's a big No, because i don't see it as a sports car as it's still to heavy in weight for a real sports car and has unnecessary complexity and unknown reliability. Lets face it Ferrari has made a very large rod for their own backs over the years with their electrics so they need to re establish themselves there and they can't expect to do that overnight just by the release of a new model which has even more electrical complexity than all previous models. Also, to expect buyers to forgive and forget overnight without having re-established at least some form of credibility in the area of reliability (particularly in the electrical department) is wish full thinking at it's very best.

296, whilst attractive enough, stacks up as being an overly expensive, overly complex, sub practical GT car (to me) therefore, sits well back in the Que of preferences for a GT type car.

Note: Please don't confuse my use of the term GT with Porsche GT cars either as these are lightweight sports cars w/o complexity.

So at this stage it's a YES I quite like 296 (but not wowed by it) and, a NO, I would not buy one.

JonnySK, MANDALAY and Thecadster like this.
  25. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    Gorgeous car. So clean and elegant. I absolutely love it!