Poll: GT4 or Mondial? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Poll: GT4 or Mondial?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Birdman, Jul 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Poll: GT4 or Mondial?

1. 308 GT4

2. Mondial

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GavC

GavC Formula Junior

May 9, 2004
    Lincolnshire, Englan
    Full Name:
    Gavin Culshaw
    I was 26 when I bought my gt4. I sold my 944 turbo for it. I am now 35 and don't consider myself old ( I look the same now as I did then(Honest)). I nearly bought a Mondial then but was advised that the gt4 was the better drivers car I havn't been disappointed. But I still think that the Mondial Cab 3.4t is a wonderful looking car. If I was looking to buy another F car it would be this or a 348. But they don't feel alive compared to the gt4.

2. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Yes, its an older car, so its not too familiar to "younger" people...

I'm currently 28 and I bought my GT4 when I was 24. I guess I'm the youngest! :D

3. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel

I am 33 years now, bought the 208gt4 when I was 31.
    I sold my wife's Alfa Romeo 156 2.0TS for it. (now she drives a Lancia Delta) :)

I know several gt4 owners in Belgium, germany and Holland. They are all between 30 and 40. So please don't call the gt4 a "old men" car.
    I even think a Mondial is even more conservative, a gt4 is more "sporty"

just my 0,02ct

4. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Come on boys...lets save the name calling for our space challenged 2 seat brothers and sisters who never get what it is like to own a practical Ferrari.

- Brother TCab

5. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    I am 44, was 23 when I bought it.

6. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    OK OK!!! I take it all back!!!! Looks like i've been proven wrong!!

Blimey first Ferrari at 23. Not bad going.

7. BERTONE

BERTONE Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2004
    THE NORTH
    Full Name:
    ENZO
    Ive wanted a GT4 since i was 15, im now 39 and just about to buy one!!!!!!

8. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff

good luck!

9. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    #84 maurice70, Sep 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bertone did you end up finding one?Was it that one with the tan velour interior?I entered my car in a Auto Italia Show last sunday and won Most popular Ferrari.This is my first personal trophy with this car but have documentation that it was a 98 concors winner.Post us pictures of your car when you get it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I very much prefer the dashboard and center console of the GT4 to the Mondial, for whatever that's worth.

I agree that you can't go wrong either way. It's up to personal preference.

To owners of either car: you made the right choice!

11. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I bought my car at 28 and it is finally finished...I'm now 32. I never liked the GT4 at first, pictures just do not do it justice. In person the car looks and sounds fantastic! Drives great too!

12. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Jay, looking Great!!

From that photo, it looks as though your bumpers have been pushed in. Is that correct?

Dom

13. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Yes, probably the only good thing the Previous owner did! Are you guys running 16's for rims? Do they rub? Mine rub like crazy but it sits soooo nice!

14. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I've got the 16" 328 rims from Ferrari UK.

Tire sizes are 205/55 front and 225/50 rear.

Dom

15. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    I used to have 245/45/16 rear and 225/50/16 front but could not find an affordable tyre replacement so went for 225/50/16 front and rear.It still sits good but get the occasional rub in the rear.I need to lip the rear guards as the front have already been done.It rubbed much more with the wider rear tyres.The only time the front rub is when I full lock the steering.

16. GavC

GavC Formula Junior

May 9, 2004
    Lincolnshire, Englan
    Full Name:
    Gavin Culshaw
    Jay
    Nice car. You have got the best colour. I am biased mine is the same. Watch out for all the flies yellow attracts them for some reason(Hence fly yellow). Enjoy the car I'll post some pics of mine when I get the digital camera tech stuff sorted.

17. jharkercfduc

jharkercfduc Karting

Sep 4, 2004
    riverside california
    Full Name:
    jonathan harker
    jay's car looks good. even in the photo, saw a gt4 at crystal cove in person and saw a mondial at the same place, they both look good/ the gt4 maybe looked better, but a convertible is a convertible especially in southern california.

18. abarre

abarre Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    My choice was simple. I think the 328 is one of the prettiest Ferraris of all time. To me, the 3.2 Mondial looks very similar in the areas where it matters (front end, grill, tail lights, etc...) I needed four seats and what can you say about a convertible?

Not to knock on the Bertone GT4's, but they don't look like Ferraris to me. More like oversized X1/9's.... Note that the market agrees. A fairly nice Mondial Cab is worth 35-45K. A PERFECT GT4 is worth half that - making it quite a bargain if you want to drive a Ferrari on a budget.

19. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    There is no such thing as a Ferrari on a budget! :) Well, actually there is but you don't want a car from someone who skimped out because they didn't want to pay for the service.

GT4's in Canada are going around 30-35K and they are NOT perfect!

20. Ragin Bull

Ragin Bull Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    The GT4 is still one of the best track cars that Ferrari has made, also the fact that it introduced the first Ferrari V8 makes it a diamond in the rough, the mondial was suited for it's time but it's a bit outdated, you have to have a love for that particular model. BTW I still like the Mondial as well.

21. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    Not to knock mondials but they look very boxy to me.And I dont think you can compare the two price wise.I mean the mondial cab is a much newer car and at that comparison what were the mondial cabs worth when they came out and how much have they deprieciated since then?I dont think the gt4 has deprieciated at the same rate.Here in australia a Mondial 8 is probably worth 40 grand and a gt4 probably around the 45-50 mark depending on condition.And from my previous post in the competition where I won most popular Ferrari in the Ferrari category there were two mondials,three 328's a 355 and my Gt4.Now Im not saying that my car is the best gt4 or better than any other Ferrari there but the judges and the crowd seemed to take a liking to it.Of course this is the reply of another biased gt4 owner.So come on Peter,Daryl,Dom,Jay,Don,Gavin,Enzo,Roel,Dan,Mike and any other GT4 owner Rise Up for you all picked the better car.

22. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    neck and neck here!

23. BERTONE

BERTONE Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2004
    THE NORTH
    Full Name:
    ENZO
    Not to knock on the Bertone GT4's, but they don't look like Ferraris to me. More like oversized X1/9's.

Believe it or not but thats why i just love the GT4 because it DOES look like a large X1/9. Ive had 3 X1/9s to date and just love them and to find a similar looking Ferrari styled by Bertone is just a must have to me!

24. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    :D

love 'em both, but i reckon it's got a good chance of being MY first F-car too. i have the same X-affliction.

XoneNine

25. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Nice 74!

I always thought the X-1/9 as well as the 914 were immense fun for the dollar if you never looked at the speedo. I mean really, who is having the more italian driving fun? - The guy leisurely poking sleepily around to work in his 360 or the guy in the X-1/9 he maintains himself driving like a rabid Tazio Nuvolari just to keep the same pace? :)