Poll on Elections | FerrariChat

Poll on Elections

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by writerguy, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How do you vote?

1. I am Republican and will vote Republican regardless

2. I am Democrat and will vote Democrat regardless

3. I am Republican but will vote for the best option even if it is Democtat

4. I am Democtat and will vote for the best option even if it is Republican

5. I have no idea and don't care I don't vote

6. I have no political affiliation and will decide on the right option my self

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    I have noticed that there is a lot of political discussion and the people who are ready to jump in are just the same people all the time.

On one side we have a few users who are Republican and carry the banner regardless of anything said. On the other Democrats who do the same.

There are others but one of the things that has come back over and over is everyone has an opinion but none of these people seem to change that opinion regardless of the debate.

In the news they have said the entire nation in polarized like this so here we go with a thread that will no doubt get hijacked into us / them arguments.

2. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Which is why I suggested to Rob to strike political discussions from "off topic" due to the waste of bandwidth.

I seriously doubt your nation is even close to being polarized...the leftist mainstream media wants you to believe that it is....why ??.....who really knows.....but I have my assumptions.

FWIW.....the only way this statement could be proven is if everyone who is eligible voted....and we know that will never be the case.

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I would like to suggest a different way to vote:

A) Each voter gets 1 vote per candidate.
    B) A voter can vote for one candidate, or against one candidate.
    C) You add up the fors, subtract off the againsts.
    D) The candidate has to have a positive score to win the election.

4. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I can't vote as you have no slot for Libertarian.

5. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Can you believe, sadly you probably can, I'm the only one amongst ANY of my friends that has voted before!! Whether it was in Atl, KC, or here in college in KS no one I know but me has voted, and we're all over 18 and have been for almost two years!! They all have political ideas and beliefs but don't stand behind them in the only way they can because 'one vote doesn't matter'?!?! Its insane, anyways I don't really belong in any political catagory... Libitarian if any, so I just listen then pick the worse of the two evils. We need more people like Jesse Ventura! :)

6. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Tyler,

As a Libertarian, you are not allowed to vote in our current dumb ass two party election.

Seriously thought, this just goes to show how much we Libertarian's need some media exposure. No one (including this poll) even considers voting for a Libertarian candidate an option.

Quite sad, since neither of the two big parties have any interest in doing what's good for the country, but rather, want to focus on increasing the role of government interferrence in our lives.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod (who has voted Libertarian ever since Ronald Reagan left office)
    www.flatoutracing.net

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Yikes, Rush moved to Canada.

"Leftist mainstream media" nice soundbite from the double ditto crowd.

I'm not sure polarized is the right word, but there certainly is less middle left and more right and left extremes being shown on TV. I think the middle still exists, it just gets buried by the noise on the left and right.

Ok, now it's time for someone to chime in about the "silent majority" or are most of you guys too young to remember that?

8. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    You're absolutely right about exposure. I'm registered Libertarian and vote that way also.

Dr. Richard Beeman has said it as well as anyone,

"If there is a lesson in all of this it is that our Constitution is neither a self-actuating nor a self-correcting document. It requires the constant attention and devotion of all citizens. There is a story, often told, that upon exiting the Constitutional Convention Benjamin Franklin was approached by a group of citizens asking what sort of government the delegates had created. His answer was: "A republic, if you can keep it." The brevity of that response should not cause us to under-value its essential meaning: democratic republics are not merely founded upon the consent of the people, they are also absolutely dependent upon the active and informed involvement of the people for their continued good health."

I wonder if the mostly apathetic and ignorant constituency will wake up before it too late?

www.lp.org

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i voted that i have no idea and that i don't care...

You know, from a religious point of view, it's been said that Jesus' second coming will happen and that he'll come like a thief in the night... i remember that night, watching the television as the news reporters showed how Bush "stole" Florida... Yeah, thief in the night... There's your "Jesus" AND your "president"...

Since that night, i have no time for religion OR politics; they're both bullsh_t...

10. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I'm a Libertarian/Martinist at heart, but don't usually vote for them -- I vote for the lesser of the two evils between the R and D candidates. I'm actually (still) registered as a Democrat since in a tight CO Senate race one year I wanted to vote for the weaker Democratic candidate in their primary.

11. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    This is the thing that amazes me... one vote for the right person / idea or go and follow mein party....

12. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I like the Swiss method were ballots on issues are held for the populace at large to decide. Perhaps cumbersome......but I think that's the closest the any country in the world has come to Libertarianism in action.

13. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    The irony of all this is that when I start one of these political things I can't participate any more than as a opinionated mouthpiece (no vote for non citizen Alien's) bbbbbbburrrring

14. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That's ok, despite the fact that WE do not see eye to eye on issues you seem to think out your positions more than others I have read. You are still wrong though! LOL

15. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    You beat me to the punch, I was going to post this poll over the weekend and never got around to it.

16. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    One of the things about opinions... Everybody has them just some can defend them others have them but don't know why... when you talk to them about Well? Why do you think like that...??? they can't defend their position.

I have no issue with someone who has a difference of opinion with me, I enjoy debate and discussion. When it is pontification with no discourse then i get my back up.