Porsche 356 Prices | FerrariChat

Porsche 356 Prices

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by F430miguel, Aug 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430miguel

F430miguel Rookie

Aug 29, 2013
    Hey guys. I stumbled upon a nice example of a 356 for sale in England, and I was wondering if anyone's an expert on them? What should I be looking for really? Are prices likely to keep increasing to ridiculous levels, or do you think they've peaked?

Perfect Porsche 356 | Time Warp Tuesday

2. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Well, they aren't making any more 356s. These cars have been steadily increasing in value and have really taken off within the past 5 years

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    On a pushrod 356, you should be looking for rust and any irregularities in panel gaps. It's hugely expensive to correct those. The mechanicals are relatively minor in comparison.

This looks nice, but it always bothers me to see paint slopped over the number plate and overspray on the antenna. The engine bay doesn't look recently restored, so my hunch is you're getting a nice driver with fresh paint. I would get it professionally inspected before dropping 70,000 euros on it.

356 B coupe is a pretty common car, so you're paying for the quality of the restoration. I don't think this one's a deal.

4. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    if you want it checked out contact my friend who owns a Pcar restoration business Robert Gant - Gantspeed Engineering -in UK. He's restored many 356 's so now's his way around them very well.

5. billswim

billswim Rookie

Jan 31, 2014
    Oakland ca
    Full Name:
    Bill
    It's a nice car but quite a ways from perfect. That seems like a lot of money for a B coupe. The ad doesn't say anything about rust/panel repair, brakes or suspension work. The brake drums and slave cylinders on these cars are really hard to find in good condition so a lot of owners will neglect them.