Porsche 959 lawsuit - Canepa design | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Porsche 959 lawsuit - Canepa design

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by berryman, Mar 5, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Their was a silver one in the show room of Ferrari of Houston of all places back in the mid-80's when the exotic car market went nuts.

2. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    RM Auctions offers one 1987 Porsche 959, VIN: WP0ZZZ95ZHS900135, and the estimate is:
    €160.000-€190.000 ($210.000-$250.000) to be auctioned on Saturday, May 1, 2010.

3. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Sold for 209,000 Euros. Car had 25k kms on the clock. Needed service thought(estimate 15k)

4. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Curious if there's been any updates on this case...

CW

5. 9146gt

9146gt Rookie

Jul 8, 2010
    Here is the update. This is my car, and law suit. This situation has been resolved, and the suit dropped. My primary reason for taking legal action was the lengthy delay in completing the necessary work. As it turns out, the cause of the delay was outside the contol of the folks at Canepa Design. In retrospect, I am sorry for having taken legal action. I am pleased with the performance of the car and the workmanship from Canepa Design. These cars are impressive.

If you have any further questions, please contact either Bruce or myself.

6. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

thank you for setting the record straight. enjoy the icon!

best,

pcb

7. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Wow, my house keeper could have posted that ^^^.

8. NYC123

NYC123 Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2006
    Sounds like Bruce probably gave in and in return asked if the owner of the car would post something nice about him on the site. Thats what he did with me and dealing with his bull**** for a while

9. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Your house keeper has a 959?? Any chance you're looking to hire a pool boy or something? I'm just sayin'...

10. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    I've been semi-suspicious about this post for a while. It's a 1st (and only) post. It says the lawsuit was a mistake. It says it wasn't Canepa's fault and the work done by Canepa is great. Sorry to be a cynic, but this sounds slightly too rah-rah for me to actually believe.

The name of the plaintiff is on the complaint. This ought to be easy enough to straighten out.

Anyone?

CW

11. jmuriz

jmuriz Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    OK, the real question is...what's the story with your user-name? I'm a 914 guy and just want to know which of the GTs is your, and if you are on 914club/914world or Armando's GT site?

12. Garymyman

Garymyman Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2008
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Gray
    #112 Garymyman, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
    This thread has more twists and turns than an M. Night Shamalan movie.

And Good Lord there are a LOT of 959 owners here.

Napolis, if you ever get one of the Dakar 959's, I'll buy a 1/8 share ;)

13. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Well, I can state reliably that my house keeper doesn't post unsubstantiated crap on the intertubes.

14. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Zack.....back to the whole de-railed topic of 959s in NH.....I used to live up in that neck, and in ~2002 I saw a NH plated silver 959 in the parking lot at the Castle Hill Concours.

Don't know if it gives any substantiation to the claims of berryman or Bryan, as there are a lot of collectors up there.....but just thought I'd mention it. It didn't belong to any of the collectors that I knew.

15. touchyu2

touchyu2 Rookie

Sep 15, 2013
    Monte Sereno, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Claridge
    I have known Bruce for nearly 35 years when I lived in Santa Cruz , CA his location then. I have had many dealings with him and he has always been a man of his word. The world of old cars no matter how perfect they are is fraught with problems with parts and the time it takes to correct problems keep in mind. I was in Bruce's shop just yesterday, he is about 15 minutes from me in Los Gatos, and as usual he has a lot of cars that are exquisite in their restoration or unusual in their preservation. I have owned everything from a 275 GTB/C to a Shadow F1 car to a Porsche RS61 which had to be maintained and or restored. I have never seen anyone produce more meticulous work or more accurate restorations then Bruce produces as standard
    work. He also works on an incredible variety of cars which is challenge in itself. If you have not used his services or closely and knowledgeably looked at his work I would suggest not repeat others criticism who have an agenda or don't really know of what they speak! Three of his car restorations just finished with top awards at Pebble Beach in one weekend! I would have Bruce work on any of my race cars anytime!

16. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Don't know what you mean with regards to accurate restorations, but he is certainly NOT accurately restoring or maintaining the 959's which what this topic is about.

17. 1990ruf

1990ruf Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    Naples FLorida
    Full Name:
    Paul
  18. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Stand by for single-poster Canepa testimonials....

By the way, does Canepa own the cars he sells (or not) or are they consignment cars?

Jack

technom3 likes this.
  19. mark starr

mark starr Rookie

Feb 10, 2011
    I have been in this business for years. I would rate Canepa as the lowest of low. I sold him a car and was totally up front. I had to threaten a law suit in order to get my reduced rate commission. He is a total lying piece of crap.
    He went on a tirade about a mutual client making viscous Anti-Semitic remarks that would make Mel Gibson look like Mother Teresa. Canepa is a TOTAL POS!!!!!
    I did eventually get my commission by holding on to the title of the car I sold him for months before he finally paid me the commission...........YUCK!!!!!!!

20. alfons newman

alfons newman Rookie

May 19, 2010

Bruce Canepa in my personal opinion is
    A snake oil sales men, Bruce has fooled the entire car community, his family made there
    money in Real Estate, not the car Business, he ripped off someone in newport beach for
    over 400,000 on a Porsche 4 cam Carrera, I have knowledge of this. he screwed someone
    on a Mercedes Benz Race engine, he has absolutely no knowledge of the new Porsche Porsche
    products, or an any of the new European Product line, he has lost all his old friends.
    Bruce is Slick at talking, thats it. and will take you for a ride if your not careful. BUYER BEWARE

21. Emma Harte

Emma Harte Rookie

Jun 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Emma Carey Harte
    I don't mean to be controversial, but I have had the total opposite experience with Canepa. I have purchased collector cars and have had cars modified and restored. While I mostly interact with his staff about my projects, the times I do talk to Bruce he totally inspires me by his EXTREME passion for cars, design and restoration. I don't always keep cars for long because I seem to fall in love with something new and I only have a few spaces to park them. Each time I sell one of the cars I have purchased from Canepa I have been super pleased with the price I received. What I do notice about Bruce, is that he only likes to talk about cars and not much more....I think he is just really into cars....

22. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Don't take the opinion of any member with single dodge post seriously no matter what they're saying.

lhoward and sigar like this.
  23. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Yep - one and only one post, and none since.

24. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT