PORSCHE FAQ | Page 5 | FerrariChat

PORSCHE FAQ

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Kds, Oct 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    Don't know if this is an appropriate question for this thread, but what's your opinion of a 2017 911 turbo s cab with an original spec of $215k with 1200 miles being offered to me for $182k?

2. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011

3. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I think you may be able to negotiate a lower price even though the low mileage is desirable. Most of the late Turbo S coupes went for around $220k+ and plus the cab premium. So the car may not have so many options. As you may know with Porsche the list options is about 200 pages give or take, and true the Turbo S includes some options such as center lock wheels and CCB and I believe Sports Crono package (?) but there is still a plethora of other options not included. So if you want a lightly optioned car that would appear the TS cab at MSRP of $215k is likely such a critter. Also what is the exterior color a very important point as some colors {Lava Orange for one) just doesn’t move well. Less true for the interior as it is most often black. But red interiors don’t move well either. So if you happen to like red interiors something to keep in mind.

But the negotiating play may be a line that you are looking for a more heavily optioned car – full leather, body colored aero kit, lift feather, sports seats etc. (check the list of options – not all are available when configuring a new car online).

Good luck hunting.:)

4. Vintage Racer

Vintage Racer Karting

Sep 22, 2006
    15 Year member in GA
    Full Name:
    Doc
    I've seen newer 911 turbo S cars available here at a lower price with a CPO.

The current Porsche 911 market is weak with the new 2020 Porsche cars coming out (the 992).

5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Interesting how a couple years changes everything. The Porsche market is super strong with some cars a couple years old selling for original MSRP and newer cars selling at premiums to MSRP.