Porsche GT3 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Porsche GT3

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Attitude928, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I don't understand why you are all arguing that it is a 996 with Aero kit. Aesthetically, this car is completely indistinguishable from the 1999/2000 Porsche GT3. The only argument, it seems, in favor of this not being a GT3 is the fact that none officially came to the U.S. Other than that, why are you all saying that it's not a GT3. That's what the GT3 looked like, down to the wheels. I'll post pictures of other GT3 models, and you will see that they are identical.

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    As you can see, these cars are identical. This is taken from the GT3 pictures at highresautoimages.com

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    So, MarkPDX, I think we must conclude that you saw a real one - nobody here has presented any evidence to show that this is not genuine. The only thing that I can think is that most of you maybe didn't know that there was a 996 GT3 prior to the newer one that has recently been released.

5. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Youre wrong. No MK1 GT3's came to N. America and since the car shown by Mark has Oregon plates, it's not a GT3. Period. If Mark had interior shots, we could immediatly tell by the center console delete, etc etc etc... It's not an MkI GT3 dude, honest, and Jimmy Hoffa is not hiding in the boot. Pssst... if you look real close at the 1st pic, you can also make out the crest of the rear seats -- dead give away.

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Some certainly came over in racing trim. Is it that far fetched to imagine that someone imported a street one? Maybe I am wrong - I don't know. Maybe they couldn't be converted to be street legal? I think it looks great, whatever it is :)

7. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    The only GT3's that came over were the cup cars, you're right and as to importing a street gt3--- maybe. But if Bill Gates couldn't get a car by the Feds I doubt anyone else could have.

8. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Hubert is right about the rear seats. No Euro GT3 series 1s had rear seats. Plus they pretty much all had the race seats. The other giveaway is the ride hight which looks standard carrera to me, not the lowered GT3.

GT3 is a great car, remarkably different to drive than the standard Carrera.

9. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Exactly.

In reply to another post the bodykit was not $8k. Well maybe in America, $6 here. How much do ferrari charge, for say, sports seats? No cost option with porsche.

10. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    This car looks like a fake of the 99-00 GT3 sold in Europe. The cars weren't sold here. It could have been federalized, but why would they change the seats? It also looks a little to high, but hard to tell. One minor point, but noticeable, is the factory cars have the top of the GT3 badge below the split-line in the taillight assembly. This one's badge is noticebly higher. If you're going to fake it......go all the way.

11. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny for a Ferrari guy to say "typical Porsche bullsh!t scam artists". Hehehe.

Tone it down Danny boy! You know you want a Porsche... :)

I'd take a TT over a GT3, but a GT2 over a TT.

Cheers

12. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast

GT3 all the way...................................