porsche is better than ferrari | Page 4 | FerrariChat

porsche is better than ferrari

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Porschefan27, Jun 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah close but you missed the marque...

'You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody.' - Frank Sinatra

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Oh my god, I love Frank Sinatra for this statement.
    Best quote of the day :)

3. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Yeah, but he wasn't talking about a Diablo Wolfgang.

4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    I know Simon;) but EACH Lamborghini is the holy grail of automobile art work.
    3500GT, Urraco, Miura, Espada, Jalpa, Countach, Diablo, Jarama........

5. Bernd

Bernd Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2005
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    BZ
    My dear Wolfie... :D,

06.16.05 you will take a ride in a GT3 on the HHR! And if you´re man enough, you can drive it, and... then, then.... you won´t scoff anymore about Porsche. :D

You will be quite for ever. ;)

btw. don´t forget your second pair of trousers... :D

6. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Dear Bernd,
    thank you so much for the invitation and I`m realy looking forward to drive your "beast".

....sorry for the quicjk reply - a customer just walked in - more later/going offline!!!

7. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello Bernd,
    back online and I`m realy looking forward to the HHR & GT3 experience.
    To be honest, I have never sat on the passeenger seat oft a GT3 or even driven this car B4.
    But I`m sure we will have lots of fun and I`ll come with the Opel - don`t wanna scare you too much:D
    ;)

8. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Doing a pretty good job at WHAT Wolfgang???? MARK

9. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Ummmm, let's see...how can I put this....TROLL!!!!!

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    #85 Wolfgang, Jun 17, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Porsche GT3 ROCKS !!!

Woooooooow, all I can say (still a bit speechless) the GT3 is a real rocket!

Yesterday, I have had appointment with Bernd GT3 driver here from the board at the Hockenheim Ring.
    Between 17:00p.m. – 20:00p.m. was free practicing at the Hockenheim Ring.
    Bernd drove the first session (25 minutes) on the F1 track and me on the passenger seat. For sure with helmets and the GT3 with roll-bar.
    Bernd is a very experienced driver; damn fast and he realy knows how to handel the GT3!!!!
    I felt very comfortable on the pasenger seat and its was a real pleasure to study Bernd driving the GT3 on the limit.
    On the “Parabolika” we drove 250km/h (never got it so fast B4 at the Parabolika). And at the end is a 180° degress 2nd gear right corner. Pffffffffffffffffff….what a damn late breaking point!!!!! The brakes are unbelievable good.
    For the 2nd track session Bernd invited me to drive the GT3 myself.
    What a honor & pleasure! Once again, thank you so much for this wonderful experience Bernd!!!!
    First lap, I drove with all the love & respect – just thought take care, its not your car.
    But WOW, I have got a heavy full erection:D The performance is breathtaking, the handling is so easy (compare to a Ferrari), the acceleration is fantastic (you don`t hear/feel the speed), the brakes are just from another planet.
    Well, maybe that’s why I arrived a bit too fast at the “Spitzkehre”, braked too late and lost the GT3 in the 180° curve. 360° degrees later I was back on the track;) with lots of respect. Even when I lost the GT3 no problem, still under controll and not crazy spinning around like the Testarossa. Loosing the tail with the testa = finished and no way to get it back under control. The GT3 was very easy to handel and to get back under control.
    BTW, nothing happened to the GT3 or us. There is space enough at the HHR and we just
    went a bit outside the track….

Thank you Bernd! You made my day :) :) :)
    I`m looking forward to Saturday when we will hit the track again for a whole day of fun.

Best
    Wolfgang

P.S.
    YES, there are other cars beside Ferrari and some are even better!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Thank you! :)

Welcome to the world of wise men! It is definitely NOT only Ferrari that makes the world go round.

12. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Thanks Ton,
    yes I have an open mind and I`m not running around with "blinkers".
    BUT its NOT just Porsche; its the GT3 which left a deep impression!!!
    I`m very happy, proud & thankful that Bernd gave me the opportunity to drive his GT3. What a great gesture - even on the track!

13. Bernd

Bernd Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2005
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    BZ
    Hi Wolfgang,

nice to see, you´re still alive and it looks like you enjoyed the ride! :D :D

May I post your comment on the Porsche board? ;) :D :D

See you tomorrow. :)

Bernd

14. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Yes, you are welcome! Go ahead, my thoughts and feelings about your GT3 are honest & downright!!!
    The dinner & conversation with all your Porsche friends yesterday evening was the "I - Tüpfchen" of a wonderful afternoon. My very best regards to the whole P-Gang:)

15. Bernd

Bernd Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2005
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    BZ
    Ok, here is the thread on Porsche-Team, the best German Porsche board. :)

If we proceed like this, we can bring both worlds together... ;) :cool:

Bernd

16. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    They already live togehter in harmony - here @fchat.com:)
    No prejudices!

17. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I agree with Wolfgang, Bernd and Ton.
    Today on the Schwägalp I joined in a "Porsche Driving Experience".
    There were about 15 cars from the whole Porsche range (except CGT :( ) from Cayenne Turbo, through 997 cabrio and Carrera S to Boxsters.

I drove the fully range all day on some stunning roads through Appenzell and was truly amazed. I've driven Ton's 996 before and loved it, but the Carrera S is huge leap forward, fantastic. Most surprising car of the day for me was the Boxster S. Half the price but no way was it half the car. I'll post some pics over the weekend.

Ciao
    Simon

18. rpmtifosi

rpmtifosi Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy
    Those GT3's are great cars!!! Haven't driven one myself (yet) but everybody who has driven one loves them!! Thanks for posting your experiences Wolfgang!!
    At the Porsche dealer in my neighbourhood is a brand new GT3 RS for sale! (white with red wheels)
    This really must be the best Porsche money can buy (except for the Carrera GT maybe :rolleyes: )
    If only i wasn't such a Ferrari fan i really think that GT3 RS would be my dreamcar!
    It really is strange actually: the Porsche is cheaper to buy, to run and easier to drive on the limit! But still it would feel like i went for second choice!!
    In the ideal world i would love to own both, but that won't be in this life!! ;) :D

19. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel

mmmmmmmmmmmmm............................................

;)

20. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Simon,

Great news! Share the pictures!
    What is in your opinion the big difference between the 996 Carrera and the 997 Carrera S? Is it mainly the Hp?

Wow, everybody is sooooooo Porsche minded lately. I can still remember that this thread started off completely different. :)
    Before we know it this board is called Ferrari & Porsche Combo Chat.com

:)

21. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Confession:

I even surfed on mobile.de and scout24.de today for info on older 911's.

:D:D:D

22. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Ha ha!
    That is great!

I cannot believe that this thread already has more than 5 pages. They are both fantastic cars. The only difference is that the first one is German and the other one is Italian. Just pick the one that you like!

:)

23. Carlo_Costache

BANNED

Jun 20, 2005
    CannesFR/ SanRemoIT
    Full Name:
    Gaincarlo Costache
    ah...another one?

Porsche and Ferrari are no where near similar. Porsche sell to the mass, while Ferrari sell to the very rich and sometimes famous. Ferrari do not need to sell as much as Porsche do. Porsche have to produce more cars, and more variations because of the market it is in, compared to Ferrari only making one or 2 different cars every 4 yrs. Porsche is no better or no worse, and a good example of the two being compared is the 360Stradale and GT3RS. Identical speeds and performance, but its all about which one you really want. What type of feel are you going for, what type of look and experience. The Ferrari experience must be much more exciting because you are paying much more. It goes both ways, Porsche do not have to be so exotic and exciting as Ferrari must, just because of the market it is in. So, comparing these two is more senseless than comparing Lambo to Ferrari.

But my opinion is, Porsche is a very well built car and engineered better than a Ferrari. Ferrari will give you everything the Porsche will not, despite lacking the german engineering. So this is about what you want...the two are too different to directly compare. Porsche is better for the cheaper market, while Ferrari is better for the exotic-car market.
    But even there, the Carrera GT is a magnificent car.

24. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Porsche is better for the cheaper market? Ha ha! That is very funny. Have you been smoking something? :)

25. Carlo_Costache

BANNED

Jun 20, 2005
    CannesFR/ SanRemoIT
    Full Name:
    Gaincarlo Costache

What is this? Am I wrong?

Porsche is better for the cheaper market, yes...for example, Porsche is better than Maserati or Mercedes.