Porsche out does Ferrari! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Porsche out does Ferrari!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by teachdna, Oct 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    A car costing $400k and can go over 200mph has a design flaw because it costs $1k for an oil change?

You guys are very tough customers.

2. dualblade

dualblade Rookie

Oct 18, 2004
    nothing wrong with expecting the best from some of the best engineers in the world (supercar engineers in general, not just porsche).

3. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have had alot of exotic cars, and alot of Ferraris...including an F40. I have done most of my own services. Oil changes are sooooo basic. Anyone that would pay $1000 for an oil change has a few screws loose themselves (forget about the 128 color coded screws)...and $900 for a 360 oil change!!! No way.

Putting 12 quarts of Mobil1 @ $5/quart is about $60.....oil filters run anywhere from $15-$30.....that's less than $100 and probably an hour of your time on a Sat morning.....You can either bond with the car or watch cartoons with the kids.....I'll be in the garage!

Ciao.......Dino

4. F430-Monza

F430-Monza Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2004
    Well that car is screwed for good !!!

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    A siphon does not evacuate the heavier particles of dirt and metal that accumilate ALL OVER the bottom of the pan.

If all you did was siphon the oil out for 10 oil changes you would end up with a heavy layer of gunk and dirt in the bottom of your engine that would get shaken about and circulated through your 25 to 50k engine, except of course for that little spot directly below the dipstick tube.