Porsche refurbish ideas | FerrariChat

Porsche refurbish ideas

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by slm, Oct 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I have had my 1986 DP 911 cab for over 11 years and is all original since it was upgraded by DP after it left the factory. It has the stage II body parts which are an early carbon variant. The car is now 43 years old and is getting a bit tired. I had thought about selling it and moving on. A friend has a 20k mile 328 GTS I would like to get or there are so many other older cars to experience. However, I have been driving a lot this weekend and still love it. It is mechanical excellent, but paint needs a very heavy detail or repaint and interior needs to be redone. I figured if I am going to keep it, it’s time to take the plunge.

I was thinking of looking into Braden or Esoteric to do the job. I have no one local. Anyone have any experience with these folks? Any other ideas for a good restoration shop? I want to bring the car back to a very high level, but not concourse.

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I'd call Mike Callas at Rennsport and see if he has any recommendations. he doesn't do paint/interior but he specializes in that era of Porsche, and has done mechanical restorations of other DP cars.

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I meant Tony Callas. oops

of2worlds likes this.
  4. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Checked their web site. Looks like the do restoration work also.

Either way, will give them a call. Thanks

GuyIncognito likes this.
  5. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Nothing but positive comments about Bradan, he takes care of all my cars, Porsche included. And Dan is an awfully nice guy to do business with.

6. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Thanks Phil