Portland area tailor | FerrariChat

Portland area tailor

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Scotty, Sep 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    I need to have some pants fit (not just hemmed--I am very short waisted and need the pants partially reconstructed so they don't look stupid). Need a good men's tailor. Any leads?

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Are these pants you already have, or do you want to have some made? If you're looking to get some new ones, I would recommend John Helmer, in downtown Portland. They can do very nice custom pants and suits.

If these are pants you already have, I don't have a strong recommendation. I've walked by this guy's shop for years (and used to have an office which looked across the airshaft into this workroom):

http://www.europeanmastertailor.com/

If you try them, I'd like to find out how they do.

3. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    They are pants I already have, but not yet tailored. Having said that, I may be looking at doing custom pants in addition. I did not realize the Helmer did bespoke--I will check them out.

4. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    If they are current pants that you've worn, etc. Go too any mall with a Macy's or Nordstrom's and smaller higher end retailers. Most of the small indi tailor shops do all the stores mending, alteration's, etc..... Now if you want excellent tailored and made too measure suits, etc. Vancouver Canada is the best bet. Most of the tailor's and higher end Men's store sub out too the company that distributes Zegna, Cambridge, etc. So you can get really nice suits for near Hong Kong tailored prices. Even made to measure. Plus its a nice trip with the wife.