Portland Cars and Coffee | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Portland Cars and Coffee

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Jonny Law, Apr 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ackmann

Ackmann Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Salem Oregon
    Full Name:
    Wayne Ackermann
    I have been waiting to share this announcement. But now its official. Since the new Portland Cars and Coffee is just going to be in Wilsonville, and our Keizer Station location has added another business and pushed out our available room. We are going to combine our efforts with Keizer Cars and Coffee and Portland Cars and Coffee at the World of Speed. My plan is to cancel the previous announced Sunday gatherings and have a KC&C meet up from 7am-7:45am at Keizer I-5 starbucks the last Saturday of every month April - September. We will then drive up together and join in with the fun at PC&C at the World of Speed. This new location will make for a lot of car people sharing some quality car time.
    Please spread the word.
    Wayne
    Portland Cars & Coffee | Portland Cars & Coffee Is Back

2. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron

The Keizer contingency driving up to Wilsonville - that would be fun, Wayne.

3. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Gee should we ask if ALL Ferrari's are exotic ;)

4. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Only 12 cylinder models! :D

5. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    damn....Guess I won't be parked there

6. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    #631 Jonny Law, May 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Will not make it this weekend, I have F1 replay in the Pearl. But there should be a few people showing up.

Kevin,

Things have defiantly changed from the Bridgeport days, and your absence has not gone unnoticed. For me what started as something to do on a Saturday morning had grown in to a weekly occurrence that spanned the better part of seven years. Resulting in many new friends and acquaintances who were also apart of the auto enthusiast community.

Thanks for having the vision to start this back in 2008.
    Jon
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    #632 Enzojr, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
    Thinking we can make the cars with automatic transmissions and/or back seats park on the street ;)
    Also thinking "exotic" in Italian means "red" right ?
    I might be pushing it with that last line .........

8. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    aaugh..ya got me! ;)

9. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    I suspect you have hit upon the fallacy of EXOTICS. Please define?

1. Numbers produced and or imported?
    2. Number actually running or surviving?
    3. Initial purchase price adjusted for inflation?
    4. Registration as such (SP or Collector plates)?
    5. Color.
    6. Money and or hours spent on restoration or customization?
    7. Country or Factory of origin?
    8. Arbitrary decision of person at gate?

10. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    The "automatic" part rules out just about every recent Ferrari and Lambo!

11. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I think he was just giving me a hard time because I jokingly said 12 cylinders was a required part of the definition (which would knock out the likes of Ferrari Monza 750s, Alfa TZs, Cobra Daytona coupes, Lola GTs, Bizzarinis, and zillions of others that would be more than welcome.).

12. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Lol I just want to know where to park, my 355 "feels" exotic, it has "exotic" cost of parts and my ego will literally explode if I try to turn left into the "exotic" lot ..... And ground control tells me to go park by a bunch of older BMWs
    I am guessing at least 60% of the people there feel that their car is exotic. I know I would feel good about owning 80-90 % of the cars there .... In addition to my 355.
    That and the Northwest section needed some new activity.
    So .... Do I get to park in the exotic section ;)

13. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Also without a 12 cylinder we could rid ourselves of a lot of competition (Me) as in Porsche, but may get some BMW and MB big a** sedans with autos.
    I just hate going to the Rose Cup race in my other car, pay admission and parking, and find out 3 days later if I drove the F car I would even have a "safe" place to park .... door dings scare me. I went on an off day, one lonely 308 and 40 plus BMWs parked.
    I have been looking for a reason to bail on the 355 and get a 456, I love the lines of a 456.

14. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    I mean if the subjective definition of exotic is "If you have to ask then it isn't"......I just won't ask and im parking where i want lol

15. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Wow this opens a can of worms.
    9. Knowing you can't afford it, that it will cost you a fortune and buying it anyway.
    10. If the car payment is more than your house payment.

16. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Also if someone has the skill set ..... a map of the old location to the new location would be nice. One with those fancy red lines and arrows like the map above looks cool ;)
    A set set I do not have lol.

17. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I for one am just happy to go drive my cars on Sat morning and meet up with friends. Let's not get bogged down on where and who parks where. It is about showing up and having fun. I will park on the street I could give two $hits.

I think we all pretty much know what exotic car means, high end, European or low production cars not seen everyday. The reason for having an exotic section is so guys with limited production, several hundred thousand dollar and multimillion dollars cars may actually want to show up knowing their cars will not be crawled over, Scratched etc.

Let's all try and be big boys and let this event be a fun time for all car owners who show up and spectators. Lots of work has gone into this let alone money.

Cheers to the crew behind getting it going again!

18. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    You have some vehicles which definitely qualify as "exotic" in my book!

19. PlaysWithItalians

PlaysWithItalians Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2007
    PacNW
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It looks like the weather for Saturday will cooperate for our grand re-start!

Details will be posted tomorrow on the guidelines for entry into the Exotics/Featured lot at the front of the World of Speed museum. It is our intent to fill this special lot by 8:30, so anyone interested in parking there should be present early. After the 20-25 spaces are full, the lot will be closed, regardless of the vehicle you are driving.

20. PlaysWithItalians

PlaysWithItalians Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2007
    PacNW
    Full Name:
    Mark
    AFTER WHAT SEEMS LIKE BILLIONS OF YEARS, THE DAY IS UPON US. TOMORROW PORTLAND CARS AND COFFEE RETURNS, AND LIFE CAN GO BACK TO NORMAL ON SATURDAY MORNINGS.

Here are some things you might want to know for tomorrow morning:

Featured Parking
    The parking area in the front of World of Speed (approximately 22 spaces—see map) has been renamed the Featured Section. Our goal with this section is to keep it dynamic and fresh. Much of the time the Featured section will be for exotics, yet we fully intend to have special weekends that trade exotics for a featured marque, car club, or perhaps a special gathering. It’s our intent to maintain flexibility in this Featured area in order to best serve the entire C&C community.

“What is an exotic?” Virtually any Ferrari, Lamborghini, or McLaren fits. Beyond that, generally anything that’s very rare, expensive, or unusual. A Porsche 911 GT3 (RS) is rare and expensive while a Carrera 4S isn’t. There’s nothing wrong with a Carrera 4S, lovely car, but it’s not an exotic.

And if you absolutely need a written description, here is one which we particularly like from Exotics at Redmond Town Center: Exotics At Redmond Town Center | Frequently Asked Questions

Please note: Once the 22 spaces are full we will close the Featured area, so please show up early. If your car does not get put in the featured section please don’t take it personally, it’s not personal.

We Start At 8 AM, Not Before
    The World of Speed parking lots are gated. Gates will not open for Cars and Coffee parking until 8 am. If you arrive early, lineup on the side of the street. Everyone you see entering and inside the parking lot before 8 am is Ground Control Staff.

See the map here: http://i2.wp.com/www.portlandcarsandcoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Map1_BW.jpg

Main Parking
    We will fill Lot 1 and then proceed to open up Lot 2. Please fill the loading dock area in Lot 1 as well, and park smartly in there without wasting space. When you pull in Ground Control at the gate will inform you if you should go to the Featured lot or lots 1/2.
    Once both lots are full we’ll revert to street parking, which there is plenty of. Please do not get angry at Ground Control if they inform you the lots are full, they are simply reporting facts.

We are absolutely expecting a full house, so we recommend arriving no later than 8:40 if you prefer to park in the parking lots rather than on the street.

Please do not park in the back two rows behind World of Speed (see red on map). Those are reserved for World of Speed employees and customers. Also, do not park in the alley way, church parking lot or surrounding business parks. Handicap parking spaces are for those with handicap permits only.

Coffee
    There will be a coffee truck outside capable of serving 100 people in 30 minutes in front of World of Speed, plus coffee and pastries inside the atrium. There will be plenty of coffee for all.

Keep It In Control
    We’ll have police presence. Please, don’t show us how awesome your driving skills are, we know.

We can’t wait to see everyone in the morning at World of Speed.
    Mark, Joel, and Ground Control