News

Portofino Coupe

Discussion in 'California/Portofino' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Sr.Pininfarina

Sr.Pininfarina Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    2021 in Europe, average ratio of total of models emisions C02 can´t be superior to 95gr/km.:(

Ferrari needs a lot of hybrid or electric cars if you want to keep only a few combustions

2. LucasFerrari

LucasFerrari Rookie

Mar 21, 2019
    California
    I Agree with you T. I just bought a Portofino and in my opinion having the drop top is one of the main reasons I bought it .

Shotgun Styles likes this.
  3. LucasFerrari

LucasFerrari Rookie

Mar 21, 2019
    California
    The other issue is if they make cheaper versions of the Portofino you will see even more of them on the street which sucks for us that just spent $260k on ours . I hope they don’t make this move.

4. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    I've heard talk of "the new Dino" for over a decade. I think the big boys in Maranello discuss this and then say, why bother? We sell all we can build at high prices.

tomc likes this.
  5. Sr.Pininfarina

Mar 3, 2006
    From Bighbrother topic...

[​IMG]

6. G. Pepper

G. Pepper F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    We're already using little brother for the V6 hybrid that will replace the F8, and big brother is the V8 hybrid coming soon. Could get confusing. :)

I'm interested in this Portofino coupe. I like GT's generally, but don't like convertibles.

Daytonafan and REALZEUS like this.
  7. LucasFerrari

LucasFerrari Rookie

Mar 21, 2019
    California
    Why would it be a disadvantage ? The Cali was the most sold Ferrari model in their history . Its a coupe with the advantage of open air on those beautiful sunny days !
    I just bought a Portofino .

8. G. Pepper

G. Pepper F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Congrats and glad you like it, but don't get defensive. I like targa tops and sunroofs, but really dislike fully open convertibles. Then there is the mechanical complexity of the roof mechanism, and the fact that it takes up so much trunk space. A hardtop Portofino with a sunroof would be right up my alley. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

LucasFerrari likes this.
  9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Rookie

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Increased weight and decreased structural rigidity, resulting in worse dynamics.

G. Pepper likes this.
  10. LucasFerrari

LucasFerrari Rookie

Mar 21, 2019
    California
    #35 LucasFerrari, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    That’s a fair point convertibles are a little heavier.. Personally I think Ferrari did a great job redesigning this convertible GT. I love my Portofino because it’s versatile. As a coupe with the top up in auto mode it’s quiet and comfortable, as a GT car should be. With auto off, shifting your own gears with the top down it’s a whole different experience.

G. Pepper likes this.
  11. Sr.Pininfarina

Mar 3, 2006
    In my opinion, this foto is an 812, not a "portofo coupe"...

12. Monkeyboyuk

Monkeyboyuk Rookie

Jan 1, 2017
    Ferrari are already building the V6 engine which will sit in the portofino and F8 successor, it’s in the Alpha Romeo Stelvio ! It’s a fine engine and sounds amazing, I was drag racing one a couple of weeks ago along with my 488 at VMax 200 in the UK.

13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Rookie

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The new Ferrari V6 will be different.

Albert-LP and Doug23 like this.
  14. Doug23

Doug23 Karting

Jun 23, 2017
    Italy
    Looks like the new V6 will not see the light before 2020, so the "Portofino coupè" should feature the old good V8 (with some electric motor), at least at launch.
    Our respectable sources could add some clues?

15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    very much

16. Sr.Pininfarina

Mar 3, 2006
    No news?

This car will be presented in 40-50 days ¿no?...

July 2019 from @ferr9000

Doug23 likes this.
  17. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Ferrari is a public company that sells cars, they are going to have met certain criteria if they want to keep selling cars. I may not like it anymore than most of you but the days of hybrid and electric (they are gong have to have them like everyone else) are coming sooner rather than later. 12, 8, cyl cars well I doubt in 5-7 years there will be one in the line up. Even old gearheads like me are buying a Taycan, just like manuals you just cannot stop progress, even if progress takes away the things you like most. I almost never drop the top on my T, (and I cant stand sunrooms on any vehicle), I have a gearshift convertible, much more fun.