Portofino headlamp cluster condensation | FerrariChat

Portofino headlamp cluster condensation

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Galahad, Jul 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Galahad

Galahad Rookie

Jul 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Robert Talbot
    After driving through rain recently I noticed condensation inside one of the headlamp clusters (see photo). Although the mist subsequently evaporated, I am concerned about long term corrosion in the unit. My dealer has suggested that the issue might be caused by a disconnected "vacuum pipe". A certain amount of disassembly will be reqiured to access the headlamp unit, so I shall leave it to the dealer to look at this. Have any Portofino owners seen this issue before? Does anyone have a photography of this "vacuum pipe"? I had previously understood that these headlamp units were sealed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Pedronz

Pedronz Rookie

Jul 14, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Peter C Andrew (Pedro)
    Yes, I’ve seen in my 2019 both head lights but intermittent, I havnt discussed with dealer yet.. Rear boot lid light is worse, booked for replacement under warranty.

3. agricultoru

agricultoru Rookie

Apr 14, 2020
    Romania
    Similar phenomenon happens on mine, but I noticed that after driving without any rain, so I really can't explain it. I will ask the dealer next time and if it happens again i'll post pictures. It happens on both units, left and right. I've noticed it a few times now.

4. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Scuderia headlamps V.2.....you would think they would have learned by now.

5. GTFan

GTFan Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 10, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    My 2019 had condensation moisture in the rear bid light which the dealer replaced. All good so far after the replacement.