Portofino HS Option? | FerrariChat

Portofino HS Option?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by uhn2000, Jan 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Anybody heard any rumblings or rumours about this? Ferrari is so tight lipped but I asked and got a feeling from some of the management at the dealership that it was a big selling option for the CaliT and they can't see why they wouldn't introduce it for the Portofino. Maybe that back exhaust extruding section gets carbon treatment etc.? Maybe too early but I can't recall how long after the CaliT introduction they released it, maybe 12-18 months? Cheers, Joe.

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    It showed up in the 2016 models later in the year IIRC. So that is like the 18 month point I guess. I first saw one in the spring of 2016.

3. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    You know, if I had my time again, and hadn't been worried about re-sale, I wouldn't have ordered the HS option on our Cali T.
    I never drove the non HS version so am only comparing it to the Lusso T I have now.
    The HS was too loud for where I kept in in a London apartment block (complaint emails from neighbors)
    The suspension was too hard for the poor surface rural roads around my Devon house.
    The gear box was "all at sea" maneuvering around the (very slow speed) narrow lanes between the main roads and said house.
    None of the above made me think it was a bad car, We had some great times, just that I didn't do enough of the kind of miles on the kind of roads that the HS set up would have been perfect for. I had taken an all rounder and made it focused for a kind of driving I wasn't doing.
    So if the pattern is repeated and a "harder core" version is offered I would advise Portofino owners to ask themselves if any HS kit is really right for them.

09Scuderia and tomc like this.
  4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ Good points, Graham...T