Portofino M colors question | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Portofino M colors question

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by italiafan, Aug 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Thanks again, and I agree about both Ingrid and Rosso Portofino. My SA also mentioned that there is some pink in RP and that is not too appealing to me. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to see it in person.
    I keep coming back to Celeste, such an unusual and beautiful color.
    I was really unsure how Celeste would blend with cioccolato trim and terra bruciata seats, a-pillar, and center doors but then I looked around my mountain home surroundings (thick forest) and all you see are dozens and dozens of shades of greens and browns mixing in nature. Celeste certainly is not a common “natural” color (other than the mineral of course) but there are so many shades of green and brilliant light greens and even blueish-green like the blue spruce pine tree in my yard that I think all these shades feel right to me.

These photos are from the internet, but give a sense (to me) of Celeste and browns coming together in nature.

NYC Fred, SilverLeaf and Garretto like this.
  2. Oitbc

Oitbc Rookie

Mar 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Phil Thomas
  3. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    #28 SilverLeaf, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    I think Celeste would look great with Terra Brucia and Ciocolatto.
    I think your intuition is right. There's also basis on science to support the notion of blues/greens/browns being complementary. Browns are versions of red, orange and/or yellow tones mixed with blacks. The most complementary hues are considered to be the ones on the opposite side of the color wheel - in this case, blue, blue-green or green. The perfect thing about Celeste is that as a teal color, it has both blue and green tones in it, which means it should complement both reddish browns (like Cioccolato) and orangeish browns (like Terra Bruciata).

The Celeste with Cuoio Toscana press cars give us a rough sense of what Celeste + Terra Bruciata would look like together. The hues are at least in a similar ballpark, though Terra Bruciata with Cioccolato will look much classier, IMO. The Cuoio Toscana leather is too orange for my taste. Terra Bruciata is more brown and should set off the paint color better.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here's an interesting Quora thread if you're interested in delving into this further with additional perspectives and color examples.

(4) What are complementary colors for brown? - Quora

italiafan likes this.
  4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Very interesting! Did not know about that color wheel, will read further. Thanks!