Portofino M pricing | FerrariChat

Portofino M pricing

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Florida Joe, Sep 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    Has anyone received confirmation from their dealer of the actual pricing?

The rumors are flying for a large increase but in talking with my dealer, he says a slight increase. Of course he also thought they would "roma-ize" the interior.

I want to move forward with an order but I like to know what I am committing to:)

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    #2 tfazio, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Base Price Starts at $222,050. Add shipping of $3,950 and you get a subtotal of $226,000. We are not expecting a gas guzzler tax on the Roma but if there is it will be added on top of the $226K amount.

3. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Joe, if you're ready to place your order, can't your dealer provide you with firm pricing?

4. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    Dealer said they don't have pricing yet however will be test driving the Roma in a week. I will push after my Roma test drive.

Sent from my H8314 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. RossoDiamante

RossoDiamante Karting

Jun 3, 2013
    Mid-Atlantic, US
    In case you haven't obtained it yet.....

Attached Files:

tomc and coolhandshin like this.
  6. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    Thks

Car ordered last wknd and they cashed my deposit check. Now the wait

7. RossoDiamante

RossoDiamante Karting

Jun 3, 2013
    Mid-Atlantic, US
    I also have a deposit in. What is your spec?

8. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    Spec attached. I added the upgraded power HI-Fi after this was printed.

Attached Files:

9. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Guys, question on the electrochromic mirror option.

Order guide shows “Electrochromic Interior Mirror” as standard. Later, on page 4, an option appears “Electrochromic Rearview Mirror” for $1,350.

Is this a mistake/redundancy? Or perhaps the guide is intending the option for electrochromic exterior rearview mirrors? Please unpack.

10. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    Definitely not an expert here but the rear view electomirror is definitely extra.

Could the no charge electrochromatic mirrors be the outside side mirrors?

11. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

We need to hear from the guys who went through the ordering process; but the standard mirror says “Electrochromic Interior Mirror,” so I think that aspect is pretty clear.

12. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Any update someone can provide in connection with the Electrochromic interior mirror issue?

13. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    #13 Florida Joe, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    I would ask the dealer. As a buyer, the interior electrochomatic mirror was definitely extra. My order had to be changed to add it.

Where exactly are you seeing electrochromatic mirrors are standard?

14. 430tdf

430tdf Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Brett
    On the options price list attached to post #5 under standard equipment on the first page.

15. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Order guide under standard equipment shows “Electrochromic Interior Mirror” as standard.
    Later, on page 4, an option appears “Electrochromic Rearview Mirror” for $1,350.

It says nothing about “mirrors” (plural) and it also does not explain. To me, if the term “interior mirror” is present together with the term “rearview mirror,” then the “rearview mirror” would need to signify the exterior rearview mirrors. Well, there are two of those. So “mirror” is wrong. And since FloridaJoe said the interior rearview mirror needed to be paid for, then either the order guide is wrong or the dealer who advised him is wrong. Obviously we are dealing with Ferrari who (a) Doesn’t employ people who understand how to communicate in clear English, (b) Doesn’t employ people who know how to read and write ordering guides so they aren’t unclear.

In any event- glad you changed your order to obtain what you wanted.

16. ptriggs_official

May 7, 2020
    I ordered mine today and had to add the mirror. Was told builds begin in early summer so late Q2 and delivery ~Jan ‘22. They are six months behind on rollout and announced too early. Base was around 222k - 228k with destination etc.

17. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Congrats on the order! What color combination did you choose?

My information might be old but I had seen as of September, 2020 a $222,050 base price and a $3,950 destination for a total of $226,000 before options... hope it didn’t increase.

My build comes to around $255k. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Do you think I’d have success if I make an offer at a discounted number?

18. ptriggs_official

May 7, 2020
    Same on the numbers so no increase. It’s a gift for my wife and she likes green so I got that with cuoio interior, yellow calipers. I got all the safety electronic stuff, seats etc, and historical color takes a little bite too which I wouldn’t have if it were for me so it totaled 288k. I asked how many orders so far and including me it was less than 10 (this is dealer in CT) vs Roma which was literally a page long on orders. Maybe given delay they’d play ball but I kind of doubt it.

19. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    No chance.

20. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    I don’t get that. I have a 2020 Portofino that I love. I drove the Roma, it was great, but it didn’t have the soul of the Portofino.

21. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    I hope you are wrong on the delivery dates. I have pinged my dealer but with the holiday closure I don't expect to here back till early January.

22. RossoDiamante

RossoDiamante Karting

Jun 3, 2013
    Mid-Atlantic, US
    I also hope that the delivery timing speculations are inaccurate! As of last week, I've been told that they are still expecting 6-7/2021. But it is what it is. I don't think that even asking really nicely will help that issue! But mine is just in status "P" at this time.

Regarding the Electrochromic Mirror, it's just the opposite, Florida Joe. The Interior one is standard. The option refers to the External rearview mirrors. In the Personalization Programme from 10/2020, the MIR3 option is described as "Outer Electrochromic Rear View Mirrors". It is also part of the ADAS (Full) package.

What miffed me a little bit is that the Roma Price List clearly has the ADAS (Full) package (includes ACC1, BRAD, FCAM, MIR3) as a $9112 option which is a $1924 discount compared to ordering the components individually. But that package is apparently not listed on the Portofino M option list. I'm hoping that is a clerical oversight and that they will come through as the discounted package at the end of the day, but I'm not optimistic! It is clearly listed as an option package in the Personalization Programme but it couldn't be entered into Ferrari's order system. I hear the snickering from the back about $1924 on a $300K car. But a dollar is a dollar.

Happy New Year! all. Hoping for a less dramatic 2021.

23. MauBra76

MauBra76 Rookie

Nov 26, 2019
    Hi, my Portofino M will be delivered to my dealer tomorrow 11 Nov 2021 (ordered it Oct 2020). Today the dealer told me actual base price-list went from 206k€ (contract in Oct 2020) to 216k€ and this is the actual price I have pay

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

24. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

It’s amazing the the car business is the only business where contracts do not matter. They change the price? No problem for them. They can just tell you to pay more because there will always be those people in the world who will say the following idiotic thing: “Nobody is forcing you to buy it. If you don’t like the new price, you’re free to walk away.”

25. MauBra76

MauBra76 Rookie

Nov 26, 2019
    Unfortunately I would loose the initial 20k€ deposit I left when I signed the contract in Oct 2020

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat