Portofino passenger seat too low | FerrariChat

Portofino passenger seat too low

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by aerobat3, Jun 29, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aerobat3

aerobat3 Rookie

Apr 13, 2021
    Baltimore
    Full Name:
    Robert Fiscella
    I thought it could be adjusted upward. My dealer initially told me there was a defective switch. After about 6 months waiting for the switch to arrive from Italy, the service manager now tells me there is no up/down adjustment for the passenger seat, they are all low. Is this correct?

2. aerobat3

aerobat3 Rookie

Apr 13, 2021
    Baltimore
    Full Name:
    Robert Fiscella
    My 2019 low mileage Portofino almost killed me. I was driving on a crowded interstate, about 80 or so, in the fast lane, when the engine cut out. I was barely able to squeeze into the middle lane without power, cutting someone off, and then to the right line, and finally the shoulder. Some idiot in a Volvo came barreling down on me until she realized at the last minute I was on the shoulder, not the righthand lane. I truly thought I would be killed. The error message on the car showed ECS failure. I never use ECS, I was in sport mode. After a few minutes I was able to start the car again with no problems. The dealer sent a truck to pick it up. It has been in Ferrari of VA for about 2 months, supposed to come home today., no contact or updates from the service manager until yesterday. I am furious that this happened. Still no clear explanation what the problem was/is, but considering the down time and the danger, I asked for a free extension of my warranty. If they don't grant it, I will write a detailed report to NHTSA which could possibly result in a recall of all Portofino's. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

3. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    The seat can be adjusted higher and lower. That said and I am not tall it rises but not much. I would have preferred it rising a bit more but it doesn't.

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    If your car has the Full Electric Seats option,then the passenger seat should adjust up/down (although I am not positive). But if it has the standard seats like mine,only the driver's seat adjusts up/down. The plate in your trunk should list options.