Portofino Prices | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Portofino Prices

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by unogib, Jul 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wangotango123

Wangotango123 Karting

Aug 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Rafael olarte
    New member any update on This? Looking at one never had an F car but just love the style of the Porto.

2. karachy

karachy Rookie

Mar 6, 2016
    In may this year I went for a Portofino and traded in my Cali T.

My two cents about my findings (hopefully useful for you):

The dealer (Ferrari enthousiast, not an official dealer) told me to expect a 25k depreciation a year the first couple of years (give or take, also depending on the nr of miles you put on of course).

For the Cali T this was accurate, up till a point where it reaches € 150k, then it softens. (The Netherlands, so a geat deal more then in other countries due to our luxury tax on cars)

Due to the COVID situation (drop in production) and the startup of the Roma, the nr of Porto’s available in the EU is not that high. So maybe not that steep of a drop currently... But it is more or less a mass produced car, so depreciation will be high (in absolute numbers) in any case.

IMO you buy these kind of cars if you can effort it and when it will give you that special feeling which is priceless (certainly when shared with others). If you worry about the depreciation too much, it takes away a part of the fun. But this is personal of course.

Best of luck with your decision (and the hunt for one?)

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yep I know what they are doing. They are going down like any other used car. At what rate? Same as the T.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. AirKuhl

AirKuhl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 23, 2004
    Who da ho?
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I just bought one from a dealer. ~$300K MSRP, 3K miles, 2 years warranty extension, PPF, Novitec springs and spacers, delivered enclosed to my door out of state, etc, for under $220K. Worth every penny to me, but I fully expect it to depreciate quite a bit as time and miles are racked up.
    Don't care, can't put a price on the joy of driving this amazing machine. Drove a 488 Spider and F12, preferred the Porto for my use case which is more GT and sunny days sightseeing with my wife..

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

anunakki, PTG1, OmegaPO8500 and 8 others like this.
  5. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Congratulations! Enjoy in excellent health!!

6. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    used portofinos are competing with cali Ts a lot, so you might be hit more than you expect. however, you have a great car coming so perhaps best to ignore those small details.

7. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congratulations!
    Enjoy the ride

8. MN3NTW

MN3NTW Rookie

Aug 9, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Neil Waller
    Congratulations, looks absolutely stunning.

I'm just about to purchase myself and looking a fairly similar spec. Do you mind me asking, what was the month/year this car was originally registered?

9. AirKuhl

AirKuhl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 23, 2004
    Who da ho?
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks! I'm the first registered owner, car was a dealership demo.

phanliu likes this.
  10. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
  11. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
  12. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Saw this 3600 mile beauty last weekend. 2019 Blu Mirabeau on Cuoio, with $29K in options. The salesman told me it's there on consignment and has been sitting for a month and a half at $229K. They just dropped the asking price to $209K. Fair price?

https://www.parkplaceltd.com/used-cars/detail/2019-Ferrari-Portofino/995/ZFF89FPA9K0239979

Curious if you guys believe Portofinos will follow a similar depreciation curve to the California? If so, they're going to really compelling bargains in a few years.

SLViper1 likes this.
  13. Ira messing

Ira messing Rookie

May 4, 2019
    San Diego / Cincinnati Ohio
    Full Name:
    Ira messing
    Prices are soft. I also have a 2019 corsa over nero 2 tone. About the same MSRP as yours. Here in Southern California, dealers are currently selling low mileage 2019's for $215 - 220K USD. I too love the car but am disappointed in the price reductions.

14. Ira messing

Ira messing Rookie

May 4, 2019
    San Diego / Cincinnati Ohio
    Full Name:
    Ira messing
    I can't believe anyone would built one this bare. This car is likely to sit for awhile.

15. Wangotango123

Wangotango123 Karting

Aug 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Rafael olarte
  16. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    What did you think of the Mirabeau Porto? Have kept my eye on that one. It's one of the very few Portos listed in the US that doesn't have a mundane spec.

I think the depreciation will be similar on the Porto as it was to the Cali....T

17. OmegaPO8500

OmegaPO8500 Rookie

Sep 19, 2014
    Great spec! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. SilverLeaf

Feb 1, 2011
    #44 SilverLeaf, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    Tomc, It's gorgeous! It's parked inside the showroom (next to a window), so I could only get a partial sense of what it would look like in direct sunlight/daylight. The color is really striking, and the Cuoio interior and yellow accents complement the paint beautifully. I'm partial to the color though, as it's very similar to the paint-to-sample hue on my 991 (Yachting Blue Metallic). I'm hoping to find a Rosso Portofino on black combo when I'm ready . If I didn't already have a similarly hued blue Porsche and the timing was a bit better, this one would really compelling.

If you like it, I'd encourage you not to wait. Now that the price has been dropped to $210K, it's well priced and if anything, at the low end of the market compared to others that I'm seeing. It has a very distinctive and desirable spec and great options. I went back to see it again earlier today, it looks like it may be on the verge of being sold. There was a sign on the dash that said "Hold for Customer", so somebody is likely negotiating a purchase.

19. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Are those aftermarket wheels ?

20. SilverLeaf

Feb 1, 2011
    I don't think so. I remember seeing them as one of the factory wheel options during the first model year, though they're not shown in this year's configurator. I guess they weren't that popular, which is a shame given that they look better than the default wheels that come with the car when you see them in person. There are a couple of sets available on Ebay right now for $12 to $14K. One of the listings shows shipping labels that confirm these are genuine Ferrari wheels.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Yep, these are the aftermarket Genuine Ferrari wheels that some dealers fit while there were some commercial issues with Ferrari's supplier of 'normal' option wheels.

22. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Prices still seem to be dropping in the UK. I think this is partly as a result of people who were allegedly asked to buy a Porto if they wanted the opportunity to get a Pista who are now disposing of them creating a bit of over-supply. Must leave a bitter taste for those who actually wanted a new Porto but were bumped at the time! But means there will be some bargains as long as you're happy with someone else's spec. It still amazes me that this is an entry-level (hate that phrase) GT convertible that's comfortable for long journeys, you can take the roof off, has a great infortainment system, handles and brakes superbly and is faster accelerating than an F50 - these are superb cars!

SilverLeaf likes this.
  23. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm keeping my eye on them as they are becoming tremendous value in the UK market, cali T prices have stabilised at around £90k so Porto is approximately at £50k premium on asking prices

24. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I am guessing this has more to do with people clearing space for the Roma and the imminent release of the Portofino update. Given that the Pista was released in 2018, related unwanted Portofinos have already been gotten rid of which caused the first major leg down in prices.