Portofino Red - customer cars | FerrariChat

Portofino Red - customer cars

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by bob_Uk, Oct 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    Are there any pictures of Portofino red customer cars circulating on this forum?

I cannot seem to see any that are not dealer/press type cars.

In my mind it would have been a popular colour and there should be quite a few being shown.

2. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Bob, I ordered a Rosso Portofino that is in stage 20. As soon as I get pics I will share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Gooey

Gooey Karting

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gooey
    I ordered the rosso portofino .
    Really interested in seeing the color-
    Have not seen it yet.
    Is your build nov/dec?

4. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    I ordered the Rosso Portofino as well. My dealer got the paint recipe from Ferrari and had a sample made so I could see it and compare it to samples they had of other reds. It only took them a couple of days to get it made.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Gooey

Gooey Karting

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gooey
    I wonder why we diner see any of the cars pictured in rosso portofino?
    It would be nice to see it other than on a model

6. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
  7. Gooey

Gooey Karting

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gooey
    Thank you

8. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    Has anyone seen a customer car? I also have an order originally for delivery in September pushed back to October and I am just trying to work if this is realistic. If there are no customer cars in PR then it would seem it is either not very popular or there is a delay.

9. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I spoke to my London based dealer a few days ago. There are delays with carbon fibre parts (also affecting other car brands). I was due for Oct delivery and they are now saying ‘hopefully before year end’. A handful of UK customers have received their cars already, according to my dealer.

According to them RP was a popular colour choice.

10. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    My build is Oct (possible Oct delivery) or Nov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    My Build was suppose to be September in the states but now pushed back until end of the year. I here they are also having major delays with the wheels. I have not seen many customer cars without the stock wheels. Hopefully they do not push it back until Jan or Feb. My car is also in Rosso Portofino.

12. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Yep I’ve heard that about the forged wheels also. Although my dealer said they’d deliver it on stock wheels then switch when available. Right now I’d happily accept delivery with Toyota Corolla wheels!

13. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    I recently had an update from my dealer stating problems with Ferrari obtaining the option wheels. I was told that the problem should be resolved by mid-October and that there would be a 2-4 week delay in car deliveries.

However, I have since heard of additional problems with paint in Ferrari's new 'Green' paint facility.

My car is definitely delayed and I just hope Ferrari are able to resolve their part supply and production issues very quickly.

of2worlds likes this.
  14. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    Did anyone here from there dealer about delivery being big time delayed for Rosso cars. Mine was suppose to show up in September then changed to hopefully by xmas now they have no idea when they are coming. I guess ferrari is having major issues with there paint, wheels etc...

15. Raghu

Raghu Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Full Name:
    Raghu
    Ordered mine in Rosso Portofino in November 2017. Was to be built July/August. My dealer in Houston just confirmed car delayed due to problems with the RP paint. They do not know when it will be built. Given option to switch to Rosso Corsa, but will wait for RP. Please let me know if anyone knows the cause of the delay or when Ferrari may resume production.