Portofino test drive | FerrariChat

Portofino test drive

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, Jun 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    We were fortunate enough to get an invite to test drive the new Portofino at WWoC this morning.
    Thanks VERY much to Justin, Laura, Gary & crew. This is the Euro version. I wanted the wife to experience the car. She was wow'd. Had the biggest smile on her face and was talking about it the whole way home. She's talking about replacing her MB320 with this. Perfecto. What I was hoping for. She raved about the sound & performance of the car.
    Below is her just after the test drive.

You'll note that she is probably one of the few people around (petite at 5') where someone could actually use the rear seats :) Every normal sized person, the seats are useless

Great seeing Bob, Robyn, Mike, Mike, and others who happened to show up.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

RPM217 and tomc like this.
  2. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    How do you like it? I am in need of a ferrari with back seats for the kids and have been leaning towards a used FF. Maybe need to go to FoLI to test a portofino.

3. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    My wife is petite, so it looks like there's room in the back seats. I doubt an average sized driver would give any room to the back seats.

4. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    I saw the car at the Greenwich Concours this weekend. No bigger than a Cali backseat which is pretty small especially with taller front passengers. My buddy traded his Cali T for a 612 to get a bigger rear seat section for his 2 teenagers.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Thanks. Sounds like FF will be the one

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

The FF any day of the week. There is absolutely no comparison. You can actually fit a car seat in the back of the FF. Plus it looks better, sounds better, is a V12 and will be more exclusive.