Portofino Thoughts/Feedback | FerrariChat

Portofino Thoughts/Feedback

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Sean Marshall, Jan 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sean Marshall

Sean Marshall Rookie

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I might pull the trigger on a slightly used 2019 Portofino. Anything I should be aware of or concerned about with these cars? Any big regrets after making the purchase for other Portofino owners out there?

This would be my first Ferrari so open to any and all feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    Secure the warranty, buy the car if you love it and drive it every day you can. I have a 2011 Cali that I’ve put 18000 miles on in 2 years and 3 months. No trouble but a gear wearing out in the driver side window motor, warranty covered it. Drive the car, it likes to be driven.
    Just finished 2 weeks to FL and back, trouble free.

3. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I have 3000 miles on my 2019 Portofino. I love it. As a sports car,it is a big improvement over its predecessors. A comfortable ride without Magneride combined with the handling of a big go-cart on a smooth track.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yup. These cars seem to behave better if they're driven more regularly. There's a recent thread on Porto issues, and most seem to be electrical oddities tied to poor OEM batteries, which is a Ferrari specialty. I test drove a Porto. Great car...T

5. odellicour

odellicour Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 15, 2019
    Brussels
    Full Name:
    Olivier Dellicour
    I had plenty of lights going on and strange behaviours on my Cali T. Replaces the original battery with a Varta. Never had any more issues.
    Just beware that the official Ferrari dealerships do not have the right to install any other Brand in the car and your warranty will be lost if you do it.

tomc likes this.
  6. Ira messing

Ira messing Rookie

May 4, 2019
    San Diego / Cincinnati Ohio
    Full Name:
    Ira messing
    i’ve had my portofino for 8 months now. it’s a very comfortable and well performing grand tourer. only small problem was the original builds had a software glitch operating the exhaust dampers. occasionally would stick in the open position. it was an easy warranty fix. otherwise it’s been problem free. check into the two for one warranty extension. costs around 5k but extends the warranty for 2 more years. not sure whether it’s only absuaikanle

7. Ira messing

Ira messing Rookie

May 4, 2019
    San Diego / Cincinnati Ohio
    Full Name:
    Ira messing
    available on dealer sale units? but well worth the investment for the peace of mind. good hunting