Portofino - What's Your Specification? | FerrariChat

Portofino - What's Your Specification?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by GlowRed, Jun 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    I thought it would be interesting and fun to have a thread for people to show their Portofino specifications. It may well help other members when their spec'ing their cars too.

Here is the spec of the Portofino I've ordered. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures due to a number of options not been on the configurator:

BASE
    External Colour: Rosso Corsa
    Internal Colour : Nero (Black)
    Carpets Colours : Nero (Black)

OPTIONS
    20" Forged Diamond Rims
    Yellow Brake Calipers
    Carbon Fibre Front Spoiler
    Front Air Intakes In Carbon F.
    Carbon Fibre Underdoor Cover
    Carbon Fibre Rear Air-Ducts
    Black Ceramic Exhaust Pipes
    Parking Camera
    Adaptive Front Lights + Sbl
    Electrochromic Rear View Mirror
    Magneride Dual Mode Suspension
    High Emotion Low Emission

Carbon Fibre Dashboard Inserts
    Carbon Fibre Central Bridge
    Carbon Fibre Cup Holder
    Exterior Sill Kick In Carbon
    Carbon Fibre Driver Zone+Leds
    Yellow Rev. Counter
    Coloured Special Stitching : Rosso
    Daytona Style Seats
    Full Electric Seats
    Horse Stitched On Headrest : Rosso
    Dedication Plate In Silver: Atelier Logo Only
    Aluminium Driver&Pass.Footrest
    Navtrak Antitheft System Sub.
    Foldable Rear Seats Backrest
    Passenger Display
    High Power Hifi System
    Garage Door Openers

SPECIAL FEATURES
    Airbrushed Shields On Fenders
    Prancing Horse On Rear Wall To Be Stitched In Rosso
    Rosso Ferrari Leather Inserts Between Stitching On Upper And Lower Area Of Central Door Panels Continuing On The Rear Wall Area With A "U" Shape
    Rosso Ferrari Leather Inserts In Between Stitching Of Central Tunnel Armrest
    Vehicle Personalization Plate

tomc likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    This looks to be an exquisitely optioned Porto. Destined to be an early classic in the line. If I might inquire, were you able to get any renders @ the Atelier on the air-ducts in CF? To me, that was the one thing in the interior that stood out as cheap-ish when I took the Porto for a test drive. Also, for the painted shields - will these be sized similar to the typical scudettos or the larger, racing-inspired painted shields? Thank you for sharing...T

3. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    The front air intakes in CF mentioned in my spec are the exterior ducts just behind the front wheels. The rear air ducts in CF are the ducts next to the rear lights. You cannot spec CF interior air vents.

The airbrushed painted shields are larger than the 'standard' scudettos. I first saw them on a Tailor Made 488 and had to have them, even if they are ridiculously expensive.

I'm still waiting for the renders from the Atelier, which is a little frustrating as my order is placed and I have been given an expected delivery date.

tomc likes this.
  4. Uonlyhave2seats

Uonlyhave2seats Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    South East, UK
    Full Name:
    Tone
    I never got any renders from the Atelier and my order has also been placed, I do not think they will arrive. What is the difference between the dedication plate and the personalisation plate?

lin likes this.
  5. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    I was given a USB at the Atelier that contained files showing the options that were available on the configurator for the Portofino. I have not received the renders that were meant to show the car with the additional options.

The Dedication Plate is a silver plate that sits on the armrest that can be engraved. I wanted something to show that the car was an Atelier car is I’ve had the Atelier logo engraved on the plate.

The Personalisation Plate shows all the options that the car has and is located in the boot.

6. Uonlyhave2seats

Uonlyhave2seats Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    South East, UK
    Full Name:
    Tone
    Thanks for the reply. I also got the USB with the standard options, I was also told I would get renders of my actual car but that has not happened and my car is now locked in. Thanks for clarifying the two plates. I have also gone for Atelier logo on the dedication plate.

GlowRed likes this.
  7. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    clockem, uhn2000, AD211 and 2 others like this.
  8. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Kudos for the painted shields!

tomc and GlowRed like this.
  9. MRJW

MRJW Rookie

Oct 7, 2016
    Excellent spec. Could I ask if the red interior accents were atelier only? They look fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    I'm not too sure. I was shown a couple of renders from 2 x customer car interiors the Atelier had already created. I was also shown a sample door panel with the leather inserts.

In the end I had a mixture of the 2 interiors to create mine.

MRJW likes this.
  11. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK

12. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK

13. blu308qv

blu308qv Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2008
    Florida
    Blue TDF
    Creme interior
    Creme center console
    Yellow brake calipers
    Scuderia Shields
    16 way power seats
    Blue stitching
    Blue stitched Cavilinos on seats
    Aluminum foot plates

GlowRed and AD211 like this.
  14. Russ123

Russ123 Rookie

Nov 3, 2018
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Stu
    Hi GlowRed, I’ve gone for almost exactly the same spec as you, except Rosso Portofino:
    - carbon inside and out everywhere except cup holder (I didn’t go for the carbon cup holder as I wanted a bit of silver in the middle to match the speakers and air vents. Think it looks good either way)
    - forged diamond alloys
    - black (not yellow) callipers
    - shields
    - Nero with red stitching
    - magneride
    - parking cameras
    - yellow rev counter
    - al foot rests
    - red horse headrest stitching
    - passenger display
    - plus I went for the shiny black front grill (Ferrari has a better name I just can’t remember it!)
    Alas, my October production slot has been pushed back because of RP paint issues, with dealer saying Q2 or Q3 next year! Thought your Daytona seats and red internal trim looked super by the way - I’d have gone for those seats if it was a standard option. Was the Atelier horribly expensive for the custom seats and trim?

15. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Who ordered the FEWEST options? I ordered two: historical paint and folding rear seatbacks.

16. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    Great spec Russ123. The Atelier was a great experience in its own right and was worth a lot to me. The additional options were not ridiculous, except the painted shields, and the Daytona seats are now a standard dealer option.

My car is being painted Rosso Corsa but has also been pushed back from an October delivery to Q1 next year, at the moment. It was a terrible shock when I was first told, but I have been reassured by the dealer that all Portofino's have been delayed with other models also affected. I accept that it is just the way it is when ordering a brand new model from Ferrari. There are likely to be teething problems.

17. Russ123

Russ123 Rookie

Nov 3, 2018
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Stu
    I didn’t know that re the Daytona seats - thank you, I shall be changing my spec shortly!

18. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I wonder if the delay in production of the Portofino is US only? As a public company they would need to disclose this if effecting all Portofino's. My speculation they are cranking out these cars but for other markets that have a higher margin for Ferrari. They did not disclose any production issues in the 3rd quarter earnings release or analyst call. As long as other markets have higher margins than the US, those markets will get the bulk of cars. I know the 812 has been very slow to get to the US. My dealer has only received 7 this year and I am one of the lucky ones.

19. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    UK cars are delayed too.

20. XDINO

XDINO Karting

Feb 20, 2008
    Chicago / Naples
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I more prefer a basic sportscar than a GT but when I first saw the Portofino I was blown away by its beautiful design. I placed my Giallo Modena / Nero order In October ‘17, received it September 10th. Here’s the sticker:

GlowRed likes this.