possible 360 spider/CS trade | Page 2 | FerrariChat

possible 360 spider/CS trade

Discussion in '360/430' started by titanium360, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

I am with this guy.... get the Stradale... you will love it!!!!

2. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    That's not a very good analogy. GT2 have dropped like rocks in value. I had one. I can buy back my same car for $80K less than it was new. I don't think a CS or Spider will drop $80K in two years from new. 996 Turbos can be purchased in the $70K range (at least an 01). Also, you are comparing apples to oranges. Finally, if you insist on stretching an analogy, consider a Turbo Cab vs. a GT2/Turbo not a normally aspirated 911 Cab vs. turbocharged 911 (996). In other words, consider two models which have comparable MSRP.

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    You can get a GT2 for not much more than 100K? Where would those be for sale?

It's amusing: there will be fewer GT2s built than Carrera GTs. How's that for rarity? Or perhaps lack of rarity, in the case of the CGT...

4. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    That's not what I wrote. MSRP for my Polar Silver Car was around $200K. I paid over list which was a mistake. I can purchase a car similar to it for around $125K. It has 14K miles but that's still cheap. Low mileage cars I hear are going for $130K. I was also told by what I consider a reliable source that Zimbrick Porsche in Madison, WI sold their black 03 for $160,500 and it was brand new. There are also 03 GT2 sitting at dealerships right now. How many CS cars sit as inventory at Ferrari? Zero.

Yes, it is amusing. The GT2 is priced over the market. It's a loser right out of the showroom. A Spider is priced under market if you buy at MSRP. It's a winner out of the showroom, at least for now.

5. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    thanks everyone for your post. everyone has an excellent point and it is making my decision even harder. i am going to drive the CS this weekend and then make up my mind.

6. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    As soon as you drive it I think you'll be a new CS owner!

7. Brandi

Brandi Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Milano, Italy
    Even though the spider is really cool, i'd take the CS without regrets...

Better handling, better sound, better brakes and better overall performances... a factory tuned-up 360...

I love that...