Possible Mondial purchase need advice | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Possible Mondial purchase need advice

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by JLF, Apr 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    I used angels moving autos

2. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
    Congratulations! Your Coupe looks great. Seat time in these are so fun. They like to be driven often. Enjoy!

3. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    I used Angels to ship my Mondial from Sacramento to the DFW area.

Great service, car arrived undamaged and with all accessories/spares/other items (8 spare tires, 4 TRX original wheels).

The driver they used kept me updated at every stage of the trip. There were no surprises and I always knew where my car was.

I'd use them again without hesitation.

Sid

gsfent likes this.
  4. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Yea they had good reviews and communication was good. Plus they were one of the least expensive quotes I received.

5. milko1969

milko1969 Formula 3

Feb 21, 2012
    Breda, Holland
    Full Name:
    Milko
    I still have the same question, why does everyone bother about “ low “ mileage?
    You buy a Ferrari to drive, not only to look at, can anyone explain?
    Cars from 30 years old and not regurly used Will give a lot of problems.
    Is it the so called public opinion that you have to buy low miles?
    Porsches with 140.000 Miles are just very normal but Ferrari not? Very strange.
    My mondial has done 120.000 Miles, never had an engine out job, uses no oil, has the right compression etc.
    I have never had a better car than this one, i read often stories from cars with restored engines at very low milage.

So............who is going to give me the real answere and not Some public opinion like good investment etc. Etc......

6. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    My 85QV has 68k miles on it. She’s running strong!!

I am one of those whom don’t care how many miles an F-Car has been driven. When I was searching for my Mondial, I wanted one that had a history of constant use over its entire history.

Sid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. milko1969

milko1969 Formula 3

Feb 21, 2012
    Breda, Holland
    Full Name:
    Milko
    Thats my kind of spirit.

8. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Lots of buyers are not true enthusiasts and are only passionate about sampling the "Ferrari experience" for a couple or three years. As such, right from the git-go, resale value is first and foremost. Hence the "low mileage" requirement.

paulchua likes this.
  9. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    Yes, very cool ! I hope Jerry joins us at our monthly Ferrari chapter meet at Buckhead Atlanta (last Saturday of the month). Will make sure to remind Steve to bring his t coupe as well as he's not as frequent a participant as I am.

As for the mileage quotes, I much prefer a car that has been driven and cared for rather than parked and just washed. I'm approaching 100k in my t coupe and loving every mile of it !

10. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    I’m in Dallas now guys. Guess I need to change my bio. Would love to hang out with you though.

11. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Welcome to Dallas!

There's some cool shows coming up you should bring your car to.

April 28th - Boardwalk Ferrari Concorso ( I think you already mentioned this one above).
    May 6th -- All British and European car day (white rock lake) -- It's mostly brit cars, but usually a good selection (10-30) Italian cars. Last year, there were 3 Mondials (mine included).
    September 8 -- Italian Car Fest in Grapevine. Always a good turnout of Italian cars. Usually 100+ A good chance to see almost every Ferrari model made since 1970 (excluding the supercars -- although sometimes one or 2 of them will show up).

Plus, there's 2 monthly events that are fun.
    Dallas Cars and Coffee -- (actually held in Plano at BMW of Plano). 1st Saturday of every month. Over 1500 cars show up each month. Usually 15+ Ferraris, 15+ Lambos, 5+ McClarens, Plus a bunch of other exotics -- Astons, Bentleys, MB SLRs, 5-10 Masteratis. Last month (March) a Bugatti Chiron showed up. The first row is reserved for exotics, so you will be able to park with all the above. There's usually 3 to 5 older Ferraris such as 3x8s (GT4s included) and I bring my Mondial about every 3-4 months.
    Cars and Canolis -- smaller show, usually the 2nd or 3rd Saturday of every month. Started by exotic and expensive car enthusiasts that felt the Dallas Cars and Coffee was getting out of hand. This one is a smaller show that isn't open to the general public -- only to the car owners. Held at the Addison airport. Check out the cars and canolis facebook page for instructions on how to attend.

Plus, there's usually a bunch of smaller car shows every weekend. Usually at one of the local churches. You just missed the Richardson Heights show which attracts about 600 cars. Given that it was 34 degrees and misting that day this year, you didn't miss much. But usually one of the best shows to attend.

Hope to see you at one of the shows! 'your car looks spectacular and I'm looking forward to seeing it. At the shows, I'll be the guy with the dark metallic blue (Blue Sera) 85 QV Coupe, with the license plate "Mondial"

Sid

12. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Thanks for all that, hope to see you soon at one.

paulchua likes this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    There is a lot of truth to this. Many see it more as a checklist item. Nothing wrong with this, long-term exotic car ownership is not for everyone.

14. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Paul, Wade I just mentioned you guys in the for sale thread. Sidtx I should have mentioned you too. Sidtx, I just missed your car out of Cali. Liked your old avatar (football) more than the present. Although your blue 3.2 is very beautiful.

Temple