post pics of ferraris in the car wash | Page 2 | FerrariChat

post pics of ferraris in the car wash

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by ferrari 360 spider f1, Jun 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. porscheracer01

porscheracer01 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2008
    Parkslope
    Full Name:
    DD
    #26 porscheracer01, Jun 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
    the subject of this thread should be "bikini girls washing ferrari".. lets make this interesting..

2. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    #27 PoleApart, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    #28 Blue4reF1, Aug 9, 2008
  4. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    my eyes are burnt ! - thats so bad for any car

2 bucket method with deionized and softened water only ( thats the only way ill wash any car but thats because ive been detailing for years now) the effects of normal washes though IS a horrible thing over the long haul

5. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    Are you regarding to my post?

6. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    Hi. What is "deionized and softened" water? Purified? Also, how do go about getting it in the amount needed to wash and rinse a vehicle? I'm sick of swirl marks and other imperfections so I'd be very interested in any tips or tutorials you can share.

7. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    #33 elpadrino, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
    Not only yours...The main reason I have a huge dislike for those public auto washes is because 99.9% of the time there is so much debris in the actual brush (from people scrubbing excessive amounts of soil off their car, from people dropping it, using it on areas of soot that it shouldnt be used on ) and then unknowingly people who want to CLEAN their car use the same brush and run those debris across their paint. Instead of washing your pretty much running a sand paper and soap mixture across the surface of your paint (the damage will always be different - in some it may be very noticeable others may not even notice anything but its there)

Thats my educated guess on autowashes - Ive had cars come to me brand new,that the dealer decided to wash with brush and bucket, in need of heavy swirl removal. so i am 100% anti-brush/dealer wash/and autowash. Id much rather educate owners and point them in the right direction than to see machines (Engineering art rather) like these get damaged.

As I said I have been detailing for a few years now and one of my hardest issues what dealing with Water spots while working mobile and outside. (not so much an issue inside as you have time to dry) - Purified water is water from any source that is physically processed to remove impurities. Distilled water and deionized water have been the most common forms of purified water.

Deionized: is water that has had its mineral ions removed, such as cations from sodium, calcium, iron, copper and anions such as chloride and bromide.
    Softened: water that contain few or no calcium or magnesium metal cations. The term is usually related to hard water, which does contain significant amounts of these ions.

Ive seen some EXPENSIVE detailers use Bottled Fiji water as their source- to me this is very costly and just something to say "hey i washed my car with fiji water" there are much more inexpensive and cheaper alternatives to getting purified water.

As far as getting it in the amounts needed to washing vehicles thats up to you, you could have a nice system installed in your house for your home use and travel with buckets if you like, you could install some sort of outdoor system as well. Since detailing has been a long hobby of mine and occasion revenue generator I invested a little into a mobile setup that would work anywhere (water can be VERY hard in some locations and not so much in others so this was very beneficial in my own venture). My setup consisted of what essentially is a Mobile home (think Tour bus/RV type) water purification system - its about the size of a scuba tank with a water in and a water out valve. then I use a Karcher Pressure washer (gasoline pressure washers for home use generally put out TOO MUCH pressure to be safe for automotive paint and in some cases can actually strip the paint off. its important you never fully blast your paint with any pressure washer unless you know the max psi is safe for automotive paint but even then i wouldnt recommend it) ---> so my hook up goes from a water source (outdoor nozzle) into the water in side of my tank- a shorter connecting hose goes from the water out into the Karcher - by the time it hits the car its been purified and hard minerals taken out (reducing water spots if your in the sun )

I use the two bucket method- is simply this:

2 Five Gallon Buckets

1 Bucket (Clean Rinse Water)
    1 Bucket (Soapy Water)

Use your mit...dump it in the soapy water.....wash a panel of the car.....then......rinse it off in the rinse water.....thereby dislodging the dirt in that and it sinks to the bottom....then go back to the soapy water and repeat over and over. Youll be suprised how dirty the clean water will get. ( description taken from another forum)

Side note: Never wash your tires with same water. Use a seperate bucket and wash utensil

Pm me for more indepth or any other questions ( i dont want to take up much more of this photo thread)

8. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    Ok, thanks for the tip!!!

9. scuderiatc

scuderiatc Karting

May 20, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Tee
    I have heard that even Americans from Chicago or Miami, working at nicer hand-wash facilities, can also cause some nasty swirls and scratches!

10. wise3

wise3 Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Ward Orndoff
    One of my favorite pictures in Autoweek showed a Mondial going through a brush-type car wash. This was followed by irate letters from viewers that Autoweek would do such a thing. Their response: "The picture was taken at the Ferrari factory."

11. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    OMG...is she incredible....and I can't even see her face!!!!!!

12. Rex71

Rex71 Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
    Jeddah,Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Majd B.
    #38 Rex71, Feb 6, 2009
  13. nicholastan

nicholastan Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2006
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Tan
    Wow u guys just bring it to the Car wash at the gas station.I'll never let those people there touch my car!

14. Spyker 007

Spyker 007 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
  15. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey

16. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Hmmmm. She better be careful or she will get all wet.

17. Rex71

Rex71 Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
    Jeddah,Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Majd B.
    I always deal with the same two guys at the nearby car wash & I give them a tip every time I go there.
    I also keep with them a set of good quality sponges & draying cloths to be used only for my car. this way I insure good service and good care for my car's paint.
    Regards.

18. RWG0417

RWG0417 Karting

Dec 20, 2007
    Midwest/SanDiego
    #44 RWG0417, Feb 6, 2009
  19. djblu

djblu Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2007
    philthy
    Full Name:
    sean-michael
    there is most likely a reason for that ;)

20. Shemmer

Shemmer Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The title of this thread should be changed to "post pics of ferraris being washed by girls" we might get more than 3 pages.

21. kinnie

kinnie Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    Belgium - Aarschot
    Full Name:
    Kinnie Van Gelder
    #47 kinnie, Feb 12, 2009
  22. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    #48 Flash G, Feb 12, 2009
    She could wash my car with sandpaper... and I'd probably still "tip" her.

And L@@k... she has *two* buckets! She's washing them correctly!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Shemmer

Shemmer Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Now were talking this is what we need.
    Keep'em coming.

24. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Uhmm .. yes, can we do this again - think you missed a spot mam.