488 - Post your 1/4 Times. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Post your 1/4 Times.

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Eric C, Sep 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Thanks for taking us along for your ride. Its impressive. It looks to me like the car would be willing to take an even bigger beating as it seemed to be right at home with what it was doing. That track looked great as well.

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
  3. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Little vid from last year

Attached Files:

4. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Well, that's no Ferrari! LOL!

5. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I saw someone post a vid of a Mazda, so figured I'd throw my bad ass car in the mix. :)Damn near have as much money tied up in it, I could buy a Ferrari. lol

SeattleStew likes this.
  6. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Iknow this is off topic (but so nice to see that Ferrari smoke mid 10's), but your run is really bad ass. My mechanic used to run Outlaw Super Stock in a full body 1967 Chevelle that also ran in the 6's at just over 200 MPH. Congratulations on that run. I would like to see that time slip if you have it, and for me, 1/8 mile doesn't hack it, only 1/4 mile will do as we did 100% of the time back in the day.

Viperjoe and Eric C like this.
  7. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Most classes now only run 1/8 mile, everything is going to that. Less wear and tear on parts, alot less dangerous at those slower speeds. The only time we ran 1/4 is Hail Mary Derby and World Cup a couple years ago. Those were above and beyond the normal Warriors and NCS classes I run. Pic from Hail Mary in 2020
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That was me. I used to race the hell out of RX7's. I tell you, it was nice to have a drama free night of racing without having to trailer it home.

SD455TA likes this.
  9. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Great picture! Yeah I know, things change. Thing is, these cars aren't meant to wimp out at an 1/8 mile. I know I am dating myself but when I was having some fun with it, an 1/8 mile was unheard of. What was bad back then was the oil down time when I guy would blow up and things would come to a standstill so an 1/8 mile would have stopped a lot of that. Moving forward, after the grenades from the NHRA at the top end exploding (and the death of Scott Kalitta) reduced them to 1000 foot and of course I didn't like that either. Leave it to them to be putting out more at less of a distance than they did before and it is safer.

10. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Is that a 10.5 tire class? Turbo car? Gotta love those how only about 4 inches of that car are touching the ground lol

11. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Cool vids and great times! How do you like the Mase tune? I’m considering doing the Mase tune as well, but don’t think I’d push the boost to your levels..lol. I’m in the category of NOT wanting to ever replace the turbos or the head gaskets! What level of boost do you consider is safe for these cars? I know the factory tune is always conservative and leaves power on the table for longevity.

12. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I just have the normal Mase tune. He sets them up pretty safe for mail order. He'll tune it more aggressively if he can tune the car in person.

Big difference in the tune. I pulls super hard now and is super responsive.

Since I have FI Exhaust with the tune, I'm pretty sure I gained at least 150 wheel hp from the tune.

13. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    lamborarijason likes this.
  14. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    275 drag radial and yes turbo. 98mm Precision Gen2 Pro Mod turbo

Eric C likes this.
  15. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Eric C and SD455TA like this.
  16. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

I will say that up to this point, there should have been many many replies to your car running 10.50's as it is a documented SUCCESS. YET, there is not,...well why,.....well OK, its a Ferrari site and they seem to like track times. Which of course, does not tell me anything new and as I have always known, they are in their own ecosystem. Back in the day, there wasn't a Ferrari ALIVE that could have matched us in a quarter mile or perhaps even on the track for that matter, and that's my ecosystem

17. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Stock turbos, right? Downpipes or stock cats? How many miles since the tune? Thanks in advance!

18. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ferrari owners are a weird group. Use the car what it's meant for and you get a ton of keyboard warriors telling you how stupid you are and asking for VIN numbers.

19. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yep, stock turbos with no issues. Yet! I'm prepared for that upgrade and retune for when it happens. I do have Fi downpipe and exhaust. I've put about 500 miles on the tune..

I mainly do short bursts around town.

Believe it or not, the other night is the first time I've had it 135 mph. Haha.

mdrums and rw99 like this.
  20. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Yeah, I had a whole cabal of them in their immature manner on a straight forward post act like babies. There is an ignore button that can be used however I just get amused.

Eric C likes this.
  21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    You are right many Ferrari owners dont use their car for what its meant for but it depends what they want out of the car.

Drive fast ? Garage ornament ? Or just have a Ferrari.

Because they dont add aftermarket fiber glass parts , modify the ECU , tyres etc etc doesn't make then weird. Frankly most Ferrari owners would not do this so maybe thats why the negative comments , just saying.

I'm sure that you know there are better examples of Dyno Queens and 1/4 mile cars. IMO the Ferrari isn't the best choice. **** my mate did mid 7's in the 80's with RX2's. I said it then and ill say it again today , big deal.

Its your car so do what you please. There will be those that like what your doing and those that dont. What I can honestly say most of the people I know that have modified their ECU's have experienced failure unless upgrades to the engine/drivetrain were made . Its only when it will happen not IF.

22. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    150 whp is a big jump from just a tune. Is it safe for the car reliability wise?

23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats decent time the 60 foot is killing you. Every tenth there is worth 2 tenths in overall time. Plaids run 1.45 to 1.50 60 foot times.

24. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Yep…you nailed it!

25. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yeah........ and that's about as good as it going to get unless you tune up the PS boost or add a 50 shot to it, lol