Post Your Best Mondial Photo | Page 31 | FerrariChat

Post Your Best Mondial Photo

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by soucorp, Dec 25, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    #751 bartzagato, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Easter weekend in the Ardennes. The Mondi does it with grace: puncture in a rear tyre and a leaky right fuel tank.

But a good Belgian beer makes up with it.

My friend's Merc 190 16V Cosworth is a worthy & period correct friend for the dirty Mondi to play with!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Fred, your car looks absolutely stunning in this picture. I love it!

3. Roward7

Roward7 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #753 Roward7, Mar 28, 2016
    Took the QV for an Easter run up the Dandenong Ranges here in Victoria Australia had such a great run we had to go down the mountains and turn around and do it again.. Love the weekends when I get to take her for a wheel stretch :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    You drive upside down in Australia?

5. Roward7

Roward7 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Lol.... Yep that's why is called the the land down under... :)

6. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    Bart, what are the wheels under your QV?

best
    Jurgen

7. ddenboer

ddenboer Karting

Sep 11, 2015
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    David denBoer
  8. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
  9. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    Great photo of two great machines -

10. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    best beer on earth Belgium beer. With the most breweries on earth too. Mines a Leffe or Grimbergen. Proost!

11. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I am blessed that we are neighbour countries :D 2 hour drive -> problem to get home after tasting :)

12. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    #762 Rapalyea, Mar 29, 2016
  13. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    #763 Rapalyea, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016

hmmmm?

Pilsner Urquel on draft in Piltsen? Just a very old memory.....

PS: The US has gone ape crackers over local craft breweries in the last decade or two. Creativity and excess of every kind. And Siera Nevada Stout I prefer to Guiness. However, one of the mysteries of the visible universe is I have NEVER tasted one beer either imported or made locally that even remotely reminded me of Kaiser Pilsner Private or even Binding Export. About 30 years ago I stumbled upon a case of Sailer Pils in traditional .5L bottles but could not even order it for special delivery.

14. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    37 yrs ago I had the best Pilsner I've ever tasted outside Wurzburg, DE. Never tasted anything like it since. My brother in law (we were Army Lieutenants at the time) ordered a Tab - don't get me started on him...(-*

15. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    And Then We Have IPAs! omg

I have always enjoyed an IPA but it became a fashion craze here abouts over the last few years. They have even devised some sort of hops number to brag about. The original IPA was simply an over-hopped beer that would have enough hops to preserve it for shipment from UK to India. [India Pale Ale].

Some of the stuff being sold these days would have done Ramses II proud for his ancient corpse.

16. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    He ordered a Tab. Like, you know, the diet soft drink? I need to get my head around this.

17. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #767 2281GT, Mar 30, 2016
  18. Ferrarimondial348

Ferrarimondial348 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Lovely pic. Argento is just beautiful on a Mondial.

19. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    Strange bird. In many ways. Very hi IQ w/ lots of MS, and JD. Couldn't figure out how he burned a hole in the hood of a 66 Buick when it contacted both battery poles. My brides old car. Ugh! I learned patience from him.

20. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    About 70% of people do not drink alcohol, at all. Of the 30% that do, 10% are alcoholics.

Make more sense now?
    Alden

21. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
  22. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    This reminds me of an amusing though serious story!

I was a full hearted alcoholic for three months about twenty years ago when I retired at age 48 (something of a miracle) and started brewing my own stout and storing it in one quart bottles. It was very very good stout because as a home brewer I had no cost constraints on the ingredients. Unfortunately I had no constraints on drinking the stuff other then my own prodigious ability at the wort kettle! And thus I managed to hit bottom in about ninety days instead of the more routine twenty years. I never thought of myself as an overachiever till then.

My wife then said she would leave me if I did not stop. I was a rather philosophical and contented drunk but she had a point; though to this day I think her major complaint had as much to do with me not doing adequate housekeeping according to my new station in life. But I stopped cold turkey. Do not do this at home.

The visual halucinations that night were easy enough to detect. For instance, I knew full well the bright blue neon tube flying monkey was not actually in the basement with me. Auditory hallucinations were more difficult and required investigation. However, as a retired Federal investigator (GAO) it seemed to me this was an experience worth recording and so I kept notes. I have them to this very day though the hand writing is a bit difficult given the trembles.

I will not bore you with details of Caspar the Friendly Ghost or the Christmas carolers I discovered that July night at the front door at one in the morning. They were easily found out since when I opened the front door I could see right through them. They did not seem to mind though. The next day I called the doctor. I asked how many blue flying monkeys might be required to qualify for the DTs. He said one was entirely sufficient and said I should come in to see him. I asked my wife to take me since I could hardly stand. She said "WHAT! What will I say to my BOSS!" [She was a high ranking food scientist at the CONAGRA headquarters lab]. But I had my pride! I said tell your gd boss you need to take your HUSBAND to the hospital. I was feeling less then charitable at the time.

The doctor said I had gone three fourths of the way to dead and put me in rehab. That was almost as bad as the DTs. In group session the other inmates were asked how many drunk driving charges they had accumulated. When I said none there was pandemonium. I was accused of being both a lier and a coward and much worse. Apparently an even dozen was the minimum acceptable answer. I especially did not get along with the guy who resorted to straight glycol anti-freeze and should have been one hundred percent on the way to dead.

So I did not drink anything for an entire year. It seemed the prudent choice given the circumstances. Then I went back to normal drinking but threw out the brewing gear.

23. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I love the TRX rims! It looks very sweet on a beautiful combination! Hope I will see it this year :D

24. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I said 70% of "people," meaning humans on the planet, not US citizens. Yes, we are a nation of boozers at 70% or so! Lol!
    Alden

25. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    #775 Alden, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    I say this out of love and respect for my Georgia Mountain Ferrari buddy, but.......

Holy s**t, Rap! Be very cautious, are you crazy to play with that stuff again when it caused you to go insane and put you in rehab? You weren't there on vacation! It really never gets better when you start up again.

Please, back to the photos now, the AA meeting is at the church down the street, lol!
    Alden