Post your pic of the worst ever replica attempt! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Post your pic of the worst ever replica attempt!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Husker, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    NetViper you owe me for this.

I can gaurentee you that if you polled 20 young girls ages 18-30, that all of them would prefer the Nsx over a 328. The Nsx is much more modern looking. The Ferrari is now, just an old Ferrari, associated with Magnum Pi. Nothing special. I know this for certain from many experiences in the past, and from as recently as a few months ago when i had that 86 328GTS at my house in Maui. All the girls remarked it was old and awful, and my wife brought up how i wanted her to get a 328 over her old Nsx. They all asked if i was Nuts.

2. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti

Allan should i post the video of you trying to pass people in your NSX? its almost dangerous, the car accelerates like a bus.

I said before i like the car if i had a large collection i would have a 98+ nsx in it. But the the people brag about the NSX's handling, but they never drive the car to its handling capabilities anyway! i like to look at the sides of the front tires on sports cars, can tell how hard people drive their cars :)

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Listen up there fruitylips. I never said it was fast! Faster than a 328 though. Oh and btw, i remember it being very close with stock C5's when i had it.

4. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    Hey every car has it bad points. and everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. I agree NSX is overpriced a bit, and needs power,-TIFOSI-but playing your girl catching game, I can do the same- you may get the looks, but I'll smoke your 328 by a long shot =) and your teenybopper fans dont like to ride with losers.

5. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    Maybe you guys can start a new thread, for example Ferrari vs.NSX?
    I thought this thread was about pics of the worst replica attempts

6. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    OK, I owe you one :)

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    No, I have no hatred whatsoever, I was merely responding to a comment thrown my way,

That too in incorrect, I love all cars, have owned Vettes, Japanese turbos (3000GT VR4) hopped up Mustangs, Benzes. I never said anything about inferiority, again, I responded to a stab taken at MY car directly whereas I made a statement of FACT that bang-for-the-buck, vettes are faster and better performing than the NSX and YES, most definately than my car. However, image, mystique and racing pedigree are absent in the NSX.

Point taken, I do not feel I have a BLIND love for Ferrari, there are many, many cars I love, but I concede the NSX is a great car.

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Good point.

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I never compaired my 308 to an NSX. Of course the NSX will eat it for lunch,heck a mini van would probbably have it's way with me as well..but I really don't care. I was like you once aswell my friend but the only difference is that I grew up.

Your NSX is a Honda..plain and simple. No matter how much chrome, skirt kits and wings you can install, it is still a Honda at the end of they day. It is a car that people buy who are afraid of the real sports cars. Ones that are respected world wide. Not by just a small group of people. Mention Ferrari to most people and they know what it is. Mention Honda..well they think of a civic or an accord.

Why not compaire your car to the Ferrari of the time like the 348. Yes all the magazines raved about the Honda..but notice at the end of most articals which car they would choose if they had a choice of SPORTS CAR. The Ferrari of course.

So get off the crack and enjoy you car, and I will enjoy mine. Just be thankful that you are in a position to afford a nice car. Don't try to justify your reasons for buying a car to sombody who really does not give a crap for the reasons you give.

If you really think that Ferrari's are that bad..then why are you here? Why do you even bother trying to justify your purchase? Are you really that insecure with your car? Do you wish you had bought a Ferrari? Are you really a female in a mans body? Not that there anything wrong with that. But go and cry the blues someplace else were people are used to making excuses..like maybe your favorite car site.

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Good point. i would definately take a nice 348 over an Nsx.

11. sans

sans Rookie

Mar 12, 2004
    Never shake hands with the devil.

12. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    Being a replica owner myself I come across quite a few jokes. Here's my favorite for a good laugh.

13. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!!!!!!!???????

14. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    LOL, I have been trying to figure that out for a year and a half now.

15. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Looks like an old vette...70's..

16. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #116 writerguy, Mar 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yea it does. Like maybe a L-88 engine Stingray style Vette.

18. Esprit

Esprit Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CA
    Track: Twin Ring Motegi

Fastest time attack lap times:
    1:36.0 - Lamborghini Gallardo
    1:36.6 - Lamborghini Murcielago
    1:36.9 - Honda NSX Type-R
    1:39.6 - BMW M3 CSL
    1:40.4 - Porsche 911 Turbo
    1:40.9 - Ferrari 360 Modena

Found this on prime. It's from the Bestmotoring video for this month. Kind of interesting.... I wonder how my Esprit would do there..... Of course, without me driving...

19. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    That loses all credibility with the porsche turbo losing to the m3 LOL whats the type R nsx? does it get the integra badging? I've honestly never heard of it

20. TTBADBOY

TTBADBOY Karting

Jan 22, 2004
    That Porsche Turbo was a tiptronic.

Ive owned two NSX's and would even take one over a 355.They were great cars and never gave me one problem.I beat a lot of different cars with them and they got a ton of looks.This,however,is just my opinion.I would definitely own another one if given the garage space.

On a side note,I saw a 308 get out-dynod by a stock Prelude.Ouch.

Joe

21. Esprit

Esprit Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CA

The Type R is much like my '03 but weight is reduced by 180lbs(?) and stiffer suspension.

The M3CLS has some impressive numbers too... you should be careful.. some of these M3's out there can kick vette/Ferrari/NSX/Lotus ass...

22. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

Yeah, but it's still an M3 and the other cars would have to be limited to the first 2 gears...

23. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
  24. bmwmpower48

bmwmpower48 Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Kinard
    Those Best Motoring Videos are crap. The NSX would have finished last in that battle but since those Japanese people probably put 50k of mods in the car it did alright.

25. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Actually i saw another one from BM where an Sl55 AMG lost to an m3 and s2000 by a few second LOL