Potentially adding a 720 to my garage | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Potentially adding a 720 to my garage

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by SoCal to az, Sep 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    360 camera is really useful for maneuvering into and out of parking spaces or through narrow drive through lanes. I'd probably only back into spaces if I didn't have it - the front splitter (particularly the carbon one like my car has) is very expensive and is quite low.. one mishap between it and a concrete parking curb/barrier and that camera will have paid for itself 3x over. Also it is really helpful in avoid wheel rash in drive through lanes or when blackout out of spaces while turning.

IPO1 likes this.
  2. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    In DC for meetings until Friday. Still making calls with dealer--but locked in meetings to pay for toys...standby....

3. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    BTW car doesn't have 360, but I'll have to pass on that as I'm not trying to find another. Screw it. But 2019.

4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Honestly- I think you will be fine. Which dealer? Papaya as well?? Schwing!!! Love it!!

5. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Now I want one :/. Afraid it will be too good as my first supercar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCal to az likes this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Make it happen! Where in Scottsdale are you? Coffee and cars next month. I’ll take my ride. Look me up!

7. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Arcadia/PV area. I will be there!

SoCal to az likes this.
  8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Here is a good spec-

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  10. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    All true. But one of the things the 720 has going for it is superb visibility. The only time I'm even slightly concerned about bumping into something is with the splitter... so I park carefully and pay attention to proximity of curbs. I don't think a 360 cam is a deal breaker so long as you're cautious.

SoCal to az likes this.
  11. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    JAM1 likes this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So mclaren Scottsdale has that exact car (or very similar)it’s their demo. Has a clear bra on it- only a few hundred miles. I’ll bet they make a good deal on it and you will save the hassle of shipping cross country. If you want, happy to connect you to sales manager. PM me our number and I’ll text you both.

My buddy has that exact color and it’s great.

The wheels are sick - I love the 10 spoke design- but not a lot of carbon on the car- not that it matters as it’s purely esthetic but just make sure you don’t want it.

13. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I will go look at it with Jared then. I’ve been in that dealership when the 12c was new and since CJ has owned it so might be a full circle story. Still have the hat from 6 years ago!

IPO1 likes this.
  14. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Love the spec. Good luck!

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Nice! Yes Jared is the guy I’ve dealt with. Yes if that’s the color you want, they have it locally. Slightly different options but well specced. Similar MSRP.

Good luck! Report back and let us know how it goes!!

LandandcarsAZ likes this.
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Oh btw- watch out for those body panels and make sure they use the proper bolts. :)

IPO1, Gh21631 and LandandcarsAZ like this.
  17. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #417 IPO1, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Morning from DC...gotta get my fill in before all day meetings.

So, I've never had 360 before on any other exotic I've owned, so I'll be fine (IMHO). I did check and it does come with spare nuts and bolts (well a bag of mixed ones).

I'm really working a two car deal, as my friend is getting one as well (assuming it all pans out). Both 2019's. They are both going to be wrapped and shipped (uggg the wait I hate--but deal is too good).

Trying to see if we can get through everything today. Mine has a few hundred miles on it as it was used for a private event by the dealer, but they are giving me the wrap on entire car for nothing (on top of sweet deal).

Stay tuned gents...maybe it gets on the same truck with my GT3RS...we'll see :)

Little sneak peak (crappy photo).... Image Unavailable, Please Login

Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You guys are killing me. I’m going to have to get one next year.

SoCal to az and IPO1 like this.
  19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    you might be stuck here

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

I recognize that interior!! You are gonna love it! Congrats.

21. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I hate when people ask this question, so here I go:

Onyx Black or Papaya Spark?

I know the obvious answer is PS, BUT remember this is a quasi DD for me and just wonder if PS would be TOO in your face 24/7?

Flip side does black not show the lines like lighter colors on 720. I don't care about the it's get's dirty and hard to maintain black as most of my cars have been black so no afraid.

I know, I know...personal preference, I get it. Just value thoughts here so thought I'd ask.

22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Mclaren has some really great “blacks”. Amethyst is stunning, cosmos looks beautiful in the sun but mostly black, abyss black is a very dark blue in the sun, and zenith black is like a silver black. I’d go any of those over onyx.

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Honestly if your other cars have been black, get black. Papaya is a stunning color, not so much cause of the color but because of the pearl flakes in there. There are blacks which have the same look. My only suggestion is if you are going black, yes you will not see all the lines as well but get a contrast on the calipers or or the interior. Just to make it interesting.

Im looking at the Onyx black and its a regular black . $2000 option vs papaya spark which is a 10k option. That is something to consider also with regards to the deal you get. All things equal- same configuration, same price, get the papaya cause you are getting a more expensive paint job. But if the onyx car is cheaper, and you like black, get black.

hope this helps.

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  25. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    looks sick in all black :)

IPO1 likes this.