Potentially adding a 720 to my garage | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Potentially adding a 720 to my garage

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by SoCal to az, Sep 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Very cool. I’ll follow along and check it out but won’t participate. Can’t have my work colleagues know about the vehicles. Everyone will start asking for a raise. Lol

In all seriousness, I keep a low profile in public. Need customers and clients to think I’m poor. Haha.

But thank you for passing it on. Would love to participate in some of the events.

2. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Very interesting comments. I gave up trying to hide my cars a couple years ago. Now my employees love rides in the cars. Enough clients have seen them as well and the response has always been overwhelmingly positive. I think as business owners we trick ourselves into believing everyone wants to see us poor but in reality they want to be in awe of our success.

3. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think that’s very fair. We as an exec team decided to keep things on the downlow for the time being. Going through a transition at our company and right now just felt the unnecessary financial stttention would be detrimental to our goal.

But really there is no right or wrong here.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I stopped caring what other people think a long, long time ago. My employees know that I have one vice, and I have no problem sharing the passion.... and if they don't like it, they can find the door. Success is not a bad thing. It can serve as an inspiration to those who seek it.

I have found that if I don't make a big deal about the cars, nobody else does.

ryalex likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I don’t disagree with you and I’ve never hid the fact that I’m successful. However I’m in a situation where we are going through a financial transition and not everyone on the team is involved. It makes for awkward condensations with coworkers who are earning significantly less.

Regardless- would love to hook up on a drive when my car comes. Have a group of us with 720s now. Do you make it out to coffee and cars in Scottsdale? I’ll be there next month in the new ride.

6. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Being in the corporate environment, I can understand where you are coming from. I have actually never had a 'real' job and always ran the show. The buck has always stopped with me, so I had to develop a certain mindset. Having said that, I'm probably just old and cynical and don't take BS anymore! :)

I would love to get together. There seems to be a small, but growing group of Macca owners in town.

If you are talking about the C&C on the first Sat of the month at 101 and Scottsdale Rd, I was one of the originators of that. It's a zoo now. I avoid that one now. There are a bunch of smaller events that I prefer now.

7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    C and c is a zoo- I go 4-5 times a year. Don’t know about the other events but yes- let’s hook.

Btw- was not in a corporate environment my whole
    Life. But company got bought so I went to owning my own gig to working for the man. It’s all good.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  8. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Congrats on purchase.

Look forward to pics of this beauty--your color choice would be #1 for me as well (Azores I assume?)

SoCal to az likes this.
  9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Papaya Spark

ryalex and IPO1 like this.
  10. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Oooo...even better! MSO nice!

SoCal to az likes this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The wait is killing me!

12. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    When is it due? How long has it been on the truck?

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Should be here wed or Thursday. Not sure when they picked it up. Been out of town for a few days. Going to go in tomorrow and get more details.

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I ordered some cult wine that I’m very excited about that’s arriving Wednesday or Thursday. You’re waiting on a hyper car. I envy you my friend.

SoCal to az likes this.
  15. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    SoCal to az likes this.
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So car hasn’t been picked up yet. The transporters are all backed up. Looks like car is not arriving till next week.

Dang. Gonna be a sucky wait!

17. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    When you get her (and you have some time), get hold of me and we can grab coffee.

I got lucky with my deal. On Thursday, I put an offer in on a local car. Seller blew me off. Friday, I found a perfect spec car at Mac Houston. Called Monday, and we negotiated for 10 mins. SOLD! Paperwork done Tuesday. Pick up Wednesday and it arrived Friday afternoon!

ekovalsky likes this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Sweet! Congrats! What did you get?

Mine hasn’t even gotten on the truck. They are thinking Thursday. Probably will arriveonday or Tuesday.

19. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I got a 570S in July.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

wildkalabaw and Sir_Ferrari like this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Papaya Spark???

That’s my 720 color.

Let’s defiebtly hook up for a coffee next week.

21. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I got mine through them too, they were great!

22. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Mine is McLaren Orange.... Papaya Spark is Mac orange w/pearl or metallic. It's a great color

SoCal to az likes this.
  23. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Excited to see pics...but not as excited as you are to see it unloading off truck!

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’ll be honest- I’m a patient guy but this is killing me. Was hoping to get it this weekend but looks like next week.

IPO1 likes this.
  25. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I've had a lot of exotics and getting the McLaren was the first car in a long time that got me excited and now I've spent a few months with it, there have been no disappointments on any level. From the buying experience, forward.

wildkalabaw, JAM1 and SoCal to az like this.