Power loss 550 Maranello | FerrariChat

Power loss 550 Maranello

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 2fast4us, Sep 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2fast4us

2fast4us Karting

Sep 5, 2010
    Germany, NRW
    Full Name:
    Rolf
    Hi everybody,

when my fuel tank is less than 2/3 full I encounter a power loss ( one bank cuts off) in a tight right hand curve. After going straight again she is on all 12 in a couple of seconds.
    When the tank is full everything works fine. Any ideas???

Thank you in advance,

Rolf

2. mbyormark

mbyormark Karting

Jul 25, 2017
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Michael Yormark
    I had a loss of power on my 550, felt like it was 0-60 in 15 seconds. Turned out it was the fuel pressure regulator had failed. Maybe yours is about to go. Also, if it is struggling maybe with a full tank gravity helps deliver fuel to the engine, same deal with taking some turns.

That’s just my two cents from my experience, there are people in FC that can provide some expert advice. Dan from Bradan for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Looks like on of the full pumps is cavitating because it’s momentaneously not covered in gas.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. 2fast4us

2fast4us Karting

Sep 5, 2010
    Germany, NRW
    Full Name:
    Rolf
    But why is it not covered in gas? There is a sump around the pump. I checked all lines, cleaned and renewed the filters, no change.

5. 2fast4us

2fast4us Karting

Sep 5, 2010
    Germany, NRW
    Full Name:
    Rolf
    Problem solved. Below the sump is an anti vibration pad mounted. This sometimes falls into piece. The fixing holes open up then and the fuel leaves the sump. the part is available and costs 13 bucks. My dealer was searching 4 month and wanted 4000. Beware!!!

Bas, root and mdoc3 like this.