PPI in Stamford - Norwalk Connecticut Area | FerrariChat

PPI in Stamford - Norwalk Connecticut Area

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Owens84QV, Sep 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Two questions:

1. Where would be the best place to get a PPI done in the Stamford - Norwalk area and...

2. Does anyone have an active CarFax account that could run a VIN for me?

Appreciate anyone's help!

- Greg Owens

2. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    The local dealer is only 15 minutes away in Greenwich. Miller Motors.
    Bill Pollard in Gaylordsville at Sportauto is highly regarded as well at 860-350-1515.
    Best of luck

3. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thank you Dave.

I have a prospective car in that area (355) and was hoping there was a dealer or very reputable independant in the area.

Appreciate your help!

4. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Anyone have an active CarFax account that could run a VIN #?

5. icantdrv55

icantdrv55 Karting

Aug 13, 2005
    Hartfordish, CT
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'll second the vote for Bill Pollard at Sport Auto. I recently had him do a PPI on a 328 (I chose Bill based on advice from forum members here), and he was fantastic, went above and beyond and happily offered all the time I needed to answer all my questions. Plus, he's been working on Ferraris for a really long time, his passion for the cars is incredible and he's a walking Ferrari encyclopedia. I can't recommend him enough.

6. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Chris, thank you so much. Two votes for Bill Pollard is enough for me.

What a great place this is!

7. CVest308QV

CVest308QV Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Glastonbury, CT
    Full Name:
    Charlie Vest
    Hi Greg,

Hope all is well and long time, no see! Do you still have the sister car (s/n 48345) to my 308QV(s/n 48343)? Is the 355 you're looking at a potential replacement or an addition to the family?

Regards,
    Charlie

8. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Charlie!

Indeed, long time no speak! Yes, I still have the sister car (S/N 48345). I'm getting ready to do my own 30K + new suspension bushings & coil-overs.

Unfortunately, the 355 will have to be a replacement. At this point, I just can't afford to have two of them, although I've looked at just about every financial option to make it happen.

The 355 is not close to being a done deal. There are several factors that I'm not willing to budge on: (A) must have valve guides done, although a passing compression / leakdown test might be able to get me to pass on this, (B) absolutely must have non-OEM headers, (C) 30K 1 year or less old, and (D) priced correctly.

So far, I know the valve guides have not been done. I sent a long list of questions last week and haven't heard back yet. The gentleman and I know each other...met him at Lime Rock. I asked that whenever he was ready to part with his baby (he also owns a 355C, a 288GTO, and is on the verge of buying an old 12-cylinder) to please call me first and he did.

We'll see...thanks for writing in. I'll let you know what happens!