Pre-2007 vs 2007 and Later Bentley Arnage T? | FerrariChat

Pre-2007 vs 2007 and Later Bentley Arnage T?

Discussion in 'British' started by deichenb, Oct 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    Aside from the increased performance of the Mitsubishi turbos and 6-speed autobox in the last few years of Arnage T production, is there any difference in desirability between the pre-07 and 07-and-later cars? Especially with regards to maintenance and reliability in a daily driver setting.

All the best,
    David

2. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I just purchased a 2007 Arnage T (arrives in about a week) and researched the differences in each generation of Arnage fairly thoroughly before purchasing.

I think if the buyer has the budget for it, and they do their homework - the 07 year (with the new updated front end, improved interior, updated gearbox and turbo chargers and generally agreed upon improved reliability) is the one that is more desirable.

Once that was all clear to me, I found the 07 year to be the one that I wanted to purchase. I would have gone for an 09 (to try and get the Naim stereo and final edition spec) but the price on those was more than I wanted to spend.

3. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    We had extensive discussions here on that subject.
    In short:
    '07 and later are faster, quicker, better electronics, handling and comfort, reliability is bulletproof.
    '06 and older do not even compare.

4. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Could the same be said for 2007 and newer Continentals and Flying Spurs?

5. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX

Arnage came out in '99 and Continental GT came out in 2004 so they were on completely different cycles and were kicked off in terms of manufacturing under different corporate owners.

I think that it was the 08 CGT that had updated mechanicals, technology, reliability.

6. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    I appreciate the prompt replies and experienced perspectives. There is a lovely 2006 T locally, but it seems that waiting for the right 2007 T may be worthwhile.

7. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I would wait for the right '07. I was able to get about $12k off from the asking price of mine (about a 15% discount) so don't be afraid to negotiate as there are not that many buyers for these cars out there so they sit a long while.

8. NotAlemon

NotAlemon Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
    Hi Riozilla,

Could you kindly give us an update with how your Arnage is holding up? Have you had anything break... any reliability issues since buying the car? Thank you!

9. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
  10. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Had a 99 green label, 01 red label and 07. The 07 was light years ahead.

Would pick the green label for reliability though if you can deal with all the other dated qualities. Tough to beat the cost of BMW replacement parts!