Presenting 599 GTO: Official | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Presenting 599 GTO: Official

Discussion in '612/599' started by SL%%, Apr 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    +1

A lot of manufacturers used chicken-mesh front grilles before (including Ferrari).

I think it looks great on the 599 GTO.

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

ok...so we have a "strad" and a "scud".

...can we agree to call the gto the "goat"

lol...this car will always be a 599 to me and never a gto. sorry but that is my position.

3. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Respectful of your opinion, rewind to 1984, could it be said that the 288 GTO be thought of as a 308?

:p I can't wait to get a 599 GTB and perform a 599 GTO conversion

4. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Do you plan on doing this in the garage in your back yard :confused: ??????? Because if you do, I'm sure a lot of us would love for you to post pictures.

5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Do you plan to sell the 599 OTO when you'll get the GTO ??

6. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK

Now why didn't I think of that!!!! :D

7. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    No. The plan is to keep both for now.

8. SoCCieBon

SoCCieBon F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #183 SoCCieBon, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. joshl

joshl Rookie

Nov 22, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    joseph
    Fire extinguisher is in the same place as in my GTB -- completely useless for anything other than cutting into the passenger's leg. i had them rotate the clips to face upwards as opposed to inwards to prevent this from happening, but that means i can't release the extinguisher from the driver's seat, so like i said, completely useless.

I ordered the GTO with the carbon engine bay, but upon reflection -- it's expensive and doesn't really save any weight over the plastic standard unit -- i will almost certainly delete that option. as for the headlight buckets, i agree it makes little difference but if i recall correctly it's not a very expensive option, and it's desirability would depend on the level of carbon you've specified elsewhere on the car, I would think.

10. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    don't you have enough space on the central tunnel to place a smaller but efficient fire extinguisher?

11. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    On the fire extinguisher: I ordered it because it is mandatory to have one where I live. I have it on my HGTE as well and this is the only thing my wife hates about the car (for the reason Joshl gave in his post). All the rest she is in love with. So, can't complain I guess ;)

I ordered the CF engine bay (don't have it on my HGTE) and the CF headlight buckets. Just works will with the overall feeling this car evokes.

PS: did you order one?

12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Mandatory ?? Do you mean in belgium you must have one in every car ?? I go often in bruxelles to visit my Chef-de-cuisine Friend and he doesn't seem to have one in his mercedes.

13. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Check under the seat next time. I'm sure you'll find something there ;) Then again, insurance is mandatory as well and a lot of people drive around without it so your friend may have elected not to follow the rules ;) He wouldn't be the only one.

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Marc, do you have these first two pictures in high resolution? If so, could you e-mail them to me? If so, my e-mail address is [email protected]. Thanks.

15. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I wonder what that could be for? ;)

Personally, I like the look of the carbon in the engine bay, it matches the interior very well.

16. SoCCieBon

SoCCieBon F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Done!

17. SoCCieBon

SoCCieBon F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Personally, I only see things matching if you could them both at the same time...;)

18. toovo1985

toovo1985 Karting

Feb 19, 2010
    Has i have posted in other forums, i'm not in love with this car. I like it in general but hasn't got that wow effect that normally Ferrari's have on me. My problem with it is that back bumper, for me it's just doesn't belong to that car. As for the rest I like the two color look and the front grille I think looks pretty amazing too

19. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Can you order the carbon fiber non matt? As in the normal glossy carbon fiber as on the standard 599 both on interior and exterior?

20. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, it can be ordered in standard non matt....at a surcharge, I'd assume. Its no different except how its finished--and on this car, Ferrari wanted non the non gloss to compliment its much more sporty heritage and differenciate it from standard GTB's...

21. fonzie

fonzie Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Andrea

Guys,
    I'm trying to copy my GTO configuration from the Ferrari configurator but I'm not able to.
    Could you please tell how you managed to put save / copy the pictures?
    Sorry to bother with that!

22. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    just upload for free capturino software for example (it exist also some other software offering the same possibilities) and you should be able to copy any screen from any software or web sites! simple

23. fonzie

fonzie Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    thanks a lot for the tip...I'll try that!

24. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Cool...