Pretty 599 HGTE at auction in Europe | FerrariChat

Pretty 599 HGTE at auction in Europe

Discussion in '612/599' started by Themaven, Dec 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
  2. abilliet

abilliet Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Antony Billiet
    I think the colour is Rosso Monza

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. abilliet

abilliet Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Antony Billiet
  4. bob44

bob44 Karting

Apr 18, 2010
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Bob Putman
    It could also be Rubino. Here is mine...

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      108.9 KB
      Views:
  5. Mor

Mor Karting

Oct 14, 2017
    Be very carefull when You decide to buy any car which is registered in Italy or owned by Italian. The have very „specyfic” law in Europe. I done this one time, and afther a year or so the police take this car from me. Everything takes over 1,5 year and... The car was gone, they give it back to Italy, I then schould take action in court to the seller to give my money back. Take a italian lawyer If You want to buy this car.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą FerrariChat

6. abilliet

abilliet Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Antony Billiet
    Auction site shows Rubino

7. abilliet

abilliet Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Antony Billiet
  8. Thrasher

Thrasher Formula Junior

May 26, 2012
    London UK
    most probably a Rubino

BE CAREFUL this is not an original HGTE: exhaust seems to be from Tubi (def not HGTE original), and the speedometer is yellow (original from factory HGTE had white speedometer)

9. Teejay

Teejay Rookie

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tim Jenner
    My HGTE is factory original and has a yellow speedometer. I have the build sheet and it doesn't list the yellow speedo as one of the options installed. But you are right, it can't be factory original as it's a 2008 car; HGTE option didn't come until later. And ref your original post, I wouldn't class a 599, even HGTE, as a track day car - too big and heavy albeit with brutal acceleration.

Thrasher likes this.
  10. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    It is not a factory HGTE. Yellow tacho was an option on the HGTE white was standard fitment.

I disagree that the 599 is too big and heavy for track use. I track mine (I have HGTE) and have found that it handles well and that is not just my opinion but agreement from the instructors when I have done the local Corsa Pilota course who have driven my car. That V12 is oh so sweet letting her rev out to the redline in each gear.

11. Thrasher

Thrasher Formula Junior

May 26, 2012
    London UK
    cool - talk to me, because i'm the one interested in "trading-in" my Challenge Stradale for a HGTE (or a 997 3.8 GT3RS) and was asking about occasional track days.
    Do you get a lot of body roll? that's my main concern...i track mostly Silverstone and Spa Francorchamps

i have started another thread regarding this topic: but in short am "selling" as the Strad is very very hard to use downtown London, and i have very little time to drive it with my family, so need something more usable, so i can drive it on weekends around town, but also do the occasional track day.

12. BTX

BTX Karting

Jan 13, 2008
    France

Can you tell us more?

13. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Pretty shoddy, a private seller claiming something’s an HGTE when it’s not. I had the idea owners are more honest than some dealers. Hey Ho. Does this mean it’s a dealer retrofit HGTE or did someone just buy some parts?

It’s still very pretty!

14. Mor

Mor Karting

Oct 14, 2017
    The car was sold by Italian guy to dealer in Germany and I have bought the car from this company. Then I’ve registered the car in Poland and drove it for over one year. I had several police controls, but nothing was wrong with car or papers of it. Afther about 1,5 year 2 police officers came into my office (I’m a lawyer here) and ask for take a look at my car. I let them to their job. This day police took my car to police parking, which have stayied there for about 1,5 year and then go to the Italy. The guy from Italy spoak with police soon afther he have sold the car to Germany. He said that Germany guy did not pay him, and that’s it. He in this time didn’t want any other action from Italian police and they didn’t do anything, the police didn’t put VIN number of the car in european system of lost cars. But as soon as I have bought the car, the Italian guy came to police and ask them to take an action for a car. And that’s it. They do many people for big money. I know this from my friend which work in Polish police (he is working with car stealing). He told me to be very carefull when I want to buy a car from Italy, Belgium and the Nederlands. They have many problems with fraud from car transactions from this countries, but especially with Italian cars.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Sorry to hear, did you get your money back?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

16. Mor

Mor Karting

Oct 14, 2017
    I’ve tried and even get a judgment, but... If somebody want to rip you off, he will. So not much. But I’ve learned the lesson.

And I still love the Italy and Italians. But their law is still a puzzle for me, even I have many clients from there.

17. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    That is terrible - to lose so much money, and your car, also. Very sorry to hear. Was it a Ferrari?

The German dealer effectively sold you stolen goods, it sounds like? Or did the Italian owner claim not to have been paid while the German dealer says they did pay?

Interesting about Belgium and Netherlands, too.

I can imagine it's pretty much impossible to get redress via the Italian system, particularly if you are an outsider.

I bought my 550 from Italy and it has been fine...so far (3 years ago).

18. Mor

Mor Karting

Oct 14, 2017
    I don’t really know what it was between Italian and German. Italian give to the German all the documents, they signed agreement. Here in Poland, which may look like a „wild” place in the world, If you sign agreement and give somebody all the car documents and keys, it’s car owner problem that he don’t get money. Owner should take care to get first the money or make buyer to do bank transfer etc. In my case, the Italian just say then, that German guy gave him overdraft check and nobody even check that. It’s long story, was some time ago and that’s it. I was looking then for Testarossa from Italy and still regret that I didn’t buy it. The prices now are much higher. So maybe next year I will be looking at some 512tr, cos I don’t want next Bosch KE injection in my life. I drive my car as much as possible, so every of them are my dailly.

It’s the best way to buy a car from Italy only from the owner, with a Italian lawyer take car about agreement and other necessery action. I have few friends here which know this law, so I can get proper help.

19. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Unbelievable that your car got taken away. The Italian should have sued the German and the German held accountable. ******** laws and then you suffer.

You're definitely much calmer than I would have been!

20. Mor

Mor Karting

Oct 14, 2017
    I’m not. But I’m Polish. People here know that „property” doesn’t mean the same in each county. Here nobody care about you. For our state (government) we are just numbers and taxpayers.
    So. When I see, I can do nothing, it’s nothing can be done.

21. BTX

BTX Karting

Jan 13, 2008
    France
    Thanks Mor.
    I have heard the same with a car bought in Germany.

22. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    #22 DZ-96, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    I bought about 10 cars directly in Italy the last 30 years.
    Some from dealers, some from private.
    Never had problems.
    In the past, you had to involve a local notary for buying/selling a car in Italy.
    So it took about 2 days for buying a car, but as I wrote, no other problems.

I got the information that there are some changes the last years, which make it much more difficult to buy a car in Italy.
    Paying with cash is a big problem in Italy, and over about 1000 € almost impossible.
    Also I heard, that it is very difficult to check, if there is a loan or an open financing at a car.
    So when someone sells a car, it's possible that a bank (or a 3rd) has the "rights" on that car.
    So the buyer gets a car, paid the seller but not the real owner, so the bank (or 3rd) has the right to get the car back.

I think this happened to Mor (or the German dealer).
    The car was sold to the German dealer with a loan on it, but seller didn't say this.
    Italian dealer/ private got the money, but owner of the loan got nothing.
    So the owner of the loan involved the justice to get something back, money or car.
    Dealer/private had no money, so they searched and took back the car.

Daniel

23. Mor

Mor Karting

Oct 14, 2017
    No, in my case it wasn’t loan or other car financing problem but the seller, private seller, take an action of a fraud by the buyer from Germany. He said that he didn’t get paid becouse of overdraft check.

24. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Mor, we are living in a mad world.

Daniel

Mor likes this.
  25. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Unbelievable that they don’t have a simple title system like in the US or other countries.