Price an SUV Lately? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Price an SUV Lately?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Innovativethinker, Oct 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Definatly agree about keep the truck over anything else. I absolutely love my truck
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc likes this.
  2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Next Ram you get try the Ramboxes. I just bought my truck off the lot and it came with them. I did not want them. But once using them I will never go without. They are super useful. Ram is the only one I think with Ramboxes and the Mega cab. I have both.

tbakowsky likes this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Cool! Never saw that before. Our Ridgeline has a built in trunk back where the spare tire is. Great for storing things out of sight. That Ram Box looks like a great feature...T

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    You are a good father.

We are expecting our 3rd kid as well and we have started shopping. I refuse to spend that much on a car that will be trashed by kids. So im looking at a Kia Telluride. They seem pretty nice for $40-$45k.

Or maybe buy a used XC90 for around that much if they are certified.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Best SUV around ;)
    Actually (I’m editing). What’s worse a FF at 350k+ which is 100k now or a g which in 5 years will be 70k;)
    I think we both are on one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  7. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Innovativethinker and Thecadster like this.
  8. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    The G order book is closed for rest of year I think

9. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofolio = incredible “SUV.” It’s the most fun I’ve had in an SUV and I’ve driven all the performance ones I can think of. I’d still rather have a 2014 Cayenne GTS due to the n/a V8, used price, and reliability but oh my, the Alfa is phenomenal.

The Giulia Quadrafolgio too….

If someone is fine buying new (cough depreciation cough) and has a warranty then I’d totally consider the Stelvio Quadrafolgio. They don’t have good reliability, supposedly.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

He said last one till next year. All his E63 Wagons were changed to E450s by the factory.

11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    We get those g wagons in all the time from a local high end dealer. Cool trucks, but I do not see over 300k of product there..must Benzo's most profitable vehicle.

12. mtodd1402

mtodd1402 Rookie

Dec 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    4x4 Sprinter? Take the back row of seats out to haul everything and still have plenty of room for the whole family and more. I had one I built-out as camper and drove it all over the country...the 3.0 diesel was bulletproof.

NbyNW likes this.
  13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Sprinters have a 4wd option? I have never seen such a thing..

14. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Have to admit I kind of lost sight of what I expected from an SUV. While my X3 M40 is at the dealer for yet another annoying minor but essential repair (under warranty), appreciation for my old $4000, wash once a year Jeep dog wagon grows and grows.

The agricultural 6 speed makes it even more endearing. It’s quite the old style 4x4 mule with great heat and air and acres of interior height. Thankfully, Libertys remain outside the unmitigated love reserved for handsome Cherokees, therefore no ridiculous BaT numbers for a relatively low mile one.

Doubt I’ll ever get another (new-ish) SUV based on my recent experience and especially at their current asking prices, but I will miss the pace they offer without an mpg penalty. Amazing.

15. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think you nailed it. It used to be that the price of the vehicle was what mattered. Now it’s a monthly payment.

It’s part of the disposable culture. Modern cars and trucks are tech showcases that are obsolete before the tires need to be replaced.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Husker likes this.
  16. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yup. Very desirable

tbakowsky likes this.
  17. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

We actually ended up leasing a new 2022 XC90 T5 for $600/mo. By the time we wanted to buy, Telluride were going for +$15k over msrp and didnt feel like dealing with a Kia dealer giving me the same vibe as a Ferrari dealer. Emailed my volvo dealer, told him what i wanted from his lot. Asked him to quote me a lease note based on downpayment and mileage. He did. We drove there and left with the car 2h later. MSRP was $57k after some rebates.

Innovativethinker likes this.