Price Check on 2007 430 Spider;2,000 Miles | FerrariChat

Price Check on 2007 430 Spider;2,000 Miles

Discussion in '360/430' started by NOWANNABE65, Jul 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NOWANNABE65

NOWANNABE65 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2007
    Midwest, U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    GLC
    A good friend of mine offered me his 2007 430 Spider with 2K miles for MSRP. He purchased it new above MSRP and is getting rid of it since he purchased an Enzo. I would eventually like to own a 430 but am afraid it might tank in value like my 360 Spider. I purchased my 2003 360 Spider close to 200K and hardly drove the thing and the thing is probably worth a little more than half of what I paid for it. With so many 430s made, what do you guys think? MSRP on this car was $265K.

2. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    I don't know but I will give you 100k for your 360.

3. fenzoman

fenzoman Karting
    BANNED

Jun 19, 2008
    You've pretty much answered your own question. If you're buying it as an investment, don't. As you said, there were a lot made. Add in that these cars look less desireable fast as the new models come out and there's a lot of speculation they won't be so hard to get. Prices will fall below MSRP quickly IMO.

4. roccoriley

roccoriley Karting

Jun 24, 2007
    So Cal
    You should check out Dupont Registry - Lots of 430 Spyders with low miles for asking prices in the low $200's.

The prices on these have collapsed in the last 90 days.

5. OKA

OKA Karting

May 7, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    If you don't want to loose to much money, I would hold of on 430 to many made and the market is soft. They might take on a bigger hit on depreciation then the 360's did from new. You have a 360 spider, to me the difference is not really worth the extra money.

But let me know if you want to sell your spider.

6. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Given the great availability of slightly-used 430s in the market today, I would guess the 'investment quality' of the 430 to be very LOW unless it has some special features such as a manual transmission, exotic color scheme, or special factory options. None of these you've indicated in your description of the car, so I think you'll eventually lose money if you buy-then-park the car. Your 360 is 'yesterday's news' compared to the 430 and the new Scuderia, and the 430 will soon become 'yesterday's news' when its replacement reaches showroom floors.