Price check on a Dino GTS | FerrariChat

Price check on a Dino GTS

Discussion in '206/246' started by geno berns, Nov 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Price check on a 1973 Dino GTS silver/blk with regular seats. US production. Original color combo. Average 3- condition drivers quality with 20 year old paint and 8-10 year old redone interior both in decent condition. Engine rebuit about 5 years ago with 2k miles since the rebuilt. Weak light chrome bezels and rusty muffler. No folio or tools. Waiting on confirmation on miles.

Thank you

2. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John
    private sale? - 310k

3. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    John thank you for the response. So if sold by a dealer it would do more?
    The car has 65k on the speedo...

4. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    IMO I would say without books / tools /etc and 65k it would be on the lower side of GTS market - say 300 to 325k. But lots of other variables out there - but from info provided so far don't see anything that would make this car stand out from others on the market (ie color, history, originality, etc). As for Dino market in general, IMO the cars have held there own over the last year or two when other front engine V-12's (Daytona's, GTC's etc) are down 25% or so. Numerous decent auction results recently, but I think the main reason is when Dinos spiked up in 2014 /15 - a lot of junk came onto the market, leading to some auction sales well below 300k. Most of the cars coming to market recently have been decent cars and pricing (and sales) consistently seems to be well above 300 and , even for GT. I think part of what is keeping Dino values up is it is becoming somewhat of an "iconic" design for Ferrari and even people new into Ferrari's can see themselves owning the car versus the traditional collector front engine V-12 cars.

5. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Glenn thank you for your input. You’re right the car has no stand out features. I agree with all you said. It’s surprising how well Dino’s do overall having as high of production numbers. But like you said it’s an iconic design and the demand is there. I think buying a well restored or a preserved car is the way to go as average condition cars are priced where restoring one will make the owner immediately upside down.

LARRYH likes this.